Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.5 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: OS X 10.8.5 Update

bobfin777, post your problem in the Mountain Lion Desktop Support forum section as it will get more eyes on it and support. :thumbup:

I ran the update, everything worked fine, did the new MultiBeast 5.5 and now audio doesn't work? any ideas? i updated the ALC892 with DSDT and tried without DSDT version also? i have a Asus P8Z68-V Pro/GEN3 if anyone can help that would be awesome!

I have x79 ud5 - please get back with what you did to make it work proper - I can get into osx 10.8.5 but safari is flickering...

Thanks!

-G

Unfortunately the 0.4 version from Multibeast out today did not bring back my drives.

I think the next MultiBeast is due out on Friday with updated drivers. Sorry about the wait, but 10.8.5 held some surprises for us.

Stork, there has been no change with the new drivers out today. Any clues as to what I could do to make it work? I still can't get Ethernet to work without turning off both the Kernel Cache and EthernetBuiltIn No...And I can't get my drives connected to Marvell controllers on the X79-UP4 to show up on the desktop. 10.8.4 on my other drive has them show, although there's other problems with that system so I don't want to carbon copy it over.

Hmmm

Got installation error after combo update, but after re-boot, system was up to 10.8.5, everything fine except audio. Re-run MB, re-boot, still no sound.

Just downloaded the latest version of MB with the new patched version of AppleHDA, now sound back on.

Me either - 10.8.5 for x79 = poop!! I'm trying to find a link to download the 10.8.4 installer but cant find it even though I purchased it .....

I saw someone had had success by removing npci=0x3000 from kernel flags, but my system won't come up without that.

I wonder what the workaround could be?

UPDATE:
Deleted npci=0x3000 from kernel flags. Audio came back again. SATA-6Gb Marvell controller came back again!

Now I can use my SSD at full speed :mrgreen:

This is the same problem I'm having...but I can't delete npci=0x3000 as my system still won't launch even on 10.8.5! What's the alternative to get Marvell and Audio back?

The Marvell Sata ports no longer worked after the update on my X79 UP4, put all drives on the intel ports and got 8.5 to boot but
no Audio and Network,

Tried removing the ncpi=3000 flag but I just get black screens

same here

This is the same problem I'm having...but I can't delete npci=0x3000 as my system still won't launch even on 10.8.5! What's the alternative to get Marvell and Audio back?

I changed it to npci=0x2000 and it worked. Strange! Taking it out, it wouldn't boot. I thought 2000 was only for Lion and it was ignored on ML. So weird.

Audio is back too!!

What's all that about?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back