Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.5 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: OS X 10.8.5 Update

Finally!! Got success with my P8P67 Deluxe i7 2600K AMD 6870 2GB Build. Initially, I kept getting "waiting for root device" error.
My method (for the most part as per Stork's #2 above):

1. Backup system!​
2. Remove:​
a) AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext​
b) GenericUSBXHCI.kext​
c) AppleIntelE1000e.kext​
3. Extract same kexts from Unibeast 2.1.0 using Pacifist​
4. Download and run Combo Updater​
5. Re-install Above Kexts in correct location - AppleIntel goes in IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins​
6. Re-install ALC889 Audio(With DSDT) via Multibeast​
7. Edit org.chameleon.Boot.plist to remove "npci=0x3000" flag
8. Reboot​

This works for me. Point 7 was the part that gave me success - as in I had tried all other points before and got the error above!

groslight,
I, too, have a GA-Z77-DS3H / HD4000. MultiBeast options are drop dead simple. On a fresh install, just choose:

UserDSDT or DSDT-Free Installation
Drivers & Bootloaders > Drivers
Audio > Without DSDT > ALC887
Network > Atheros - Shailua's ALXEthernet​

If you're updating, see my Post #2 which calls for using MultiBeast to just update the audio driver.

Finally, see page 3 in the MultiBeast Features document which comes with the MultiBeast zip. :thumbup: Or at the MultiBeast.com site (a best kept secret).

Unfortunately, for the MSI, ASRock and Asus owners...well, talk amongst yourselves.

Simple for you I have the same board upgraded 10.8.3 and .4 with no problem. 10.8.5 Will not boot. It comes up with UNknow CPU. Tried every suggestion. I am hoping the New multibeast will fix the issue.
Followed your post #2 Still no go. Revision 1.0 MB

Updated through Software Update, All good. Trying to reinstall the Audio driver, Multibeast failed to install the driver. Anyone else having issues with Multibest on 10.8.5?

I have a similar issue. Actually even though Multibeast says the installation has failed at the end if you close the installer and reboot then you will notice it was actually applied (at least in my case). Unfortunately the real problem is that running any installer that installs Kexts seems to throw an error now. In my case the Xcode 5 "Installing additional components" failed and the error log the resulted showed that there was an error installing a kext. Still researching a solution.

You'll need the updated (this afternoon) GenericUSBXHCI.kext for USB to work again. I've updated my Post #2.

TKS Stork, it worked perfectly: New GenericUSBXHCI.kext solved USB3.

other than that easy upgrade with SU, just did again ALC889 with Multibeast. 100% working.

M.L. 10.8.5
ASUS P6X58D-E
i7 920 OC @3.06 GHz
30GB RAM
AMD Radeon HD 6870 1024 MB
3x1.5Tb RAID 0
Bluetooth stuff OK too

hey stork just leave a litle reply to tell you that the new config i made is now working :)
i was runing the last install and then i saw my friend's screen was pluged by VGA :thumbdown:
i just pluged in a screen by the hdmi and then everithings fu---g works :headbang:

So please friends When try to install osx ml 10.8.5 DONT USE VGA :banghead:

Sorry for my beginner mistake and thanks for help again

timmillea,
Use the latest UniBeast (v2.1) which incorporates the latest versions:
Updated GenericUSBXHCI to v1.2.5
Updated AppleIntelE1000e to v2.5.4c
Updated AHCI_3rdParty_SATA to v0.4​

Thank you and done! That was another 2 days spent on this since my last post. I have made some useful progress but experiencing weird behaviour and this particular Haswell system is far from well.

I am at last able to boot 10.8.5 (yippee!!!) but the process is odd. I have to attempt to boot from the main (Fusion) drive with "-x GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x3000 cpus=1" boot command line. It always fails. Then I try to boot from the USB Unibeast drive and it instead boots successfully from the main boot drive! This is the only procedure so far that I have found works. If I miss any of the command line options on the first attempted boot, then the second attempted boot also fails. It took me many hours to get to this point.

Then, iLife apps Numbers and Pages are broken. I cannot open any document or start a new one. The app opens and I can quit it, it may show a blank page with the correct document name but that is it.

OS settings, like my arrangement of my two displays are forgotten between boots. This is not a major issue but a possible clue.

Spotlight is also broken. Searching for anything brings no results whatsoever.

Then the usual Hawell issues: no sound in or out, no wi-fi (using the recommended TP-Link 4800 and shown as "Card Type: AirPort Extreme, Firmware Version: Atheros 9380: 4.0.72.0-P2P" under System Report but cannot see my Wi-Fi router nor can any other device see it when I create a network), the USB3 ports of the motherboard are dud except for providing power.

All permissions are correct. Every attempted repair shows no issues. Same with disk repair.

I am using this guide as a template for propagating to the two physical boot partitions of my Fusion drive.

The good: Ethernet and my graphics card work natively (no kexts) and I can print via USB or my router (computer-router via Ethernet then wireless to the printer).

This is what I have discovered so far.

Please help!!!!!

(Full system specs in my profile)

GA-Z77-D3H + GFX 550 TI + SATA3 SSD + SATA2 Zevo Raid 5:
Pretty tricky this time. Needed to get rid of my npci kernel flags, first. (Test with boot option -F, otherwise even safe mode kernel paniced. Never had that one before).
The safe mode was booting. As usual, the AppleACPIPlatform Rollback was required, otherwise the system hangs when not booting in safe mode.
After the 10.8.5 update i did reinstalled the last chimera ... but don't thing, that step was required.
The trick was -F (and then edit the /Extras/org.{TAB}) and the ACPI rollback for my system.
Everything is working fine now, as usual.

Hello The ghost Of Mikey
Sorry for my English i'm French
I'have some questions for you
i'have the same mother board like you but for me after update 10.8.5 the son doesn't work for me
I' yoused before for the son VIA VT2021 and appleHDA kext but now thy don't works
my bios is F14 and you ????

I find the solution for the Bluetoothproblem (Jabra, etc.) somewhere in another forum:
[...]
First you need to find your bluetooth adapter's info, so open Applications/Utilities/System Information, then scroll to the USB section and check your bluetooth adapter's Product and Vendor ID.
[...]
/System/Library/Extensions/IOBluetoothFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport.kext/Contents/
[...]

Thanks, that worked for me with a Broadcom BCM92045B3 ROM using the values 8483 for product and 2652 for vendor.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back