Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.5 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: OS X 10.8.5 Update

groslight,
I, too, have a GA-Z77-DS3H / HD4000. MultiBeast options are drop dead simple. On a fresh install, just choose:

UserDSDT or DSDT-Free Installation
Drivers & Bootloaders > Drivers
Audio > Without DSDT > ALC887
Network > Atheros - Shailua's ALXEthernet​

If you're updating, see my Post #2 which calls for using MultiBeast to just update the audio driver.

Finally, see page 3 in the MultiBeast Features document which comes with the MultiBeast zip. :thumbup: Or at the MultiBeast.com site (a best kept secret).

Unfortunately, for the MSI, ASRock and Asus owners...well, talk amongst yourselves.

thanks for your help Stork
i asked this cause i tried about 6 times the install with the mutlibeast settings you said but never works i done the install using new unibeast and the new 10,8,5 version of ml
many hours left on that new config and my wife is getting crazy with me lol
so i think i will wait untill the new multibeast wiil come
thanks for help
respect for all the team here

Note for users with OSX on SSD drives:

If you are getting random freezes after updating to 10.8.5, update your SSD drive firmware.

Random freezes have stopped completely after updating my Samsung 840 Pro SSD firmware.
My SSD is connected to PCI-E SATA 3 card with ASM1061 controller.

Note for users with OSX on SSD drives:

If you getting random freezes after updating to 10.8.5, update your SSD drive firmware.

I haven't had any issues with my Sandisk Extreme (same as recommended in the Buyer's Guide). What SSD are you using?

I used "Stork's" guilde.
all was fine until I repaired perditions and rebooted for the 2'ed time.
after that can't boot up.

hey JOJO always have the same issue with this update i try fresh install with it about 9 times always haven this screeen in verbose mode i tried a lot of differnt multibeast configs but always the same problem i think i need do to like you with appleintelcpupowermanagement but dont know where to find the kext do you have an idea please? i think it's the last install i will try before i make a new fresh instal with 10,8,4 again:crazy:

thx

this config:

ga z77 ds3h
i5 3750k
vengence 8 go 1600
wd hdd 750 go
intel graphics 4000

alreadybuilt
the "Yak"

i7 3750k
p8z77 m asus
16go gskill
ssd 120 kingston
intelll graphics
ml 10,8,4

UPDATE NEVERMIND ILL TRY NEW MUTLTIBEST WHEN IT be OUT

Hi Groslight,

See my attachment for native AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext v224.0.0 patched (work for me with MSI Z77A GD55 Board and i7 3770).

After Update ML 10.8.5,
I installed "NullCPUPowerManagement.kext", bootflag : -v -x -f, with Unibeast USB Key to boot on my HardDrive without "Kernel Panic".

MultiBeast 5.4.3 -> Install NullCPUPowerManagement --> boot normaly

Then I patch (install for you ex:Kext wizard) "AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext" and delete"NullCPUPowerManagement.kext".
Update kext Kernel Cache​ (sudo touch /Sytem/Library/Extensions)
Repair permissions.

Work fine on reboot.

Attachments

• AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext.zip
    81.4 KB · Views: 89

I haven't had any issues with my Sandisk Extreme (same as recommended in the Buyer's Guide). What SSD are you using?

I am using Samsung 840 Pro SSD.

Ok all. It turns out that there is no third party kext needed for USB 3.0 on the GA-Z77x-UP5 TH. The apple kexts load and I have USB 3.0 working without genericUSB kext. Sleep works but somewhat erratic if used in fast sequence. Adding the third party kext causes lockup on adding a usb 3.0 device and messes up some of the ports. Sleep also is affected and wakeup does not activate all usb ports. No third-party kext and all seems fine.

Bob

Ok all. It turns out that there is no third party kext needed for USB 3.0 on the GA-Z77x-UP5 TH. The apple kexts load and I have USB 3.0 working without genericUSB kext. Sleep works but somewhat erratic if used in fast sequence. Adding the third party kext causes lockup on adding a usb 3.0 device and messes up some of the ports. Sleep also is affected and wakeup does not activate all usb ports. No third-party kext and all seems fine.

Bob
If your motherboard has Intel USB3, then you don't need the GenericUSBXCHI.ket as USB3 will be natively supported. Good info, though. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back