Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.5 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: OS X 10.8.5 Update

cguzman,
Apple's OS X does not run on drives larger than 1TB. You'll need to partition the 3TB drive so as to have the Mt Lion on the 3TB drive installed on a partition 1TB or less.

This has solved my problem with bluetooth after update 1.8.5
Open the Finder. From the Finder menu bar click Go > Go to Folder
Type or copy paste the following:

/Library/Preferences/com.apple.Bluetooth.plist

Click Go then move the com.apple.Bluetooth.plist file to the Trash.
Bluetooth ok on v1.8.5 now

See Post #2. :thumbup:

Sorry, I dont see an answer in Post #2. can u be more specific please?
I do see in Sys info USB 3.0 Super Speed, but when actually connecting one over there will not mount it..

Stork, will the new Multibeast contain a way for x79 boards to regain audio?

I think the next MultiBeast is due out on Friday with updated drivers. Sorry about the wait, but 10.8.5 held some surprises for us.

Ok thanks mate. I'll wait until then, rather than trying to do a rollback. No problems on the wait, it's just good to know it's a known thing :)

cguzman,
Apple's OS X does not run on drives larger than 1TB. You'll need to partition the 3TB drive so as to have the Mt Lion on the 3TB drive installed on a partition 1TB or less.

Sorry, I beg to differ. Well, kind of. It's actually, a "yes and no" situation. I have been running OS X on 1.5TB for quite a while (I don't have a larger disk). There is a workaround. However, you are correct. By default, OS X does not run on drives larger than 1TB. I am sure that is subject to a separate thread, though :)

Attachments

• OS X on 1.5TB.jpg
    OS X on 1.5TB.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 171
10.8.5 on MSI Z77A GD55

Hi,

Update 10.8.4 -> 10.8.5 on MSI Z77A GD55 (BIOS 1.10 not patched), i7 3770, GeForce 760 and VIA FireWire. No DSDT!

OK after install AppleHDA "ALC892_noDSDT_ML10.8.5_Final" and very important, patch native (locked wrmsr BIOS :thumbdown:) AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext v214.0.0 with "AICPMPatch" (Perl Script).
NOT Use patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext on MultiBeast 5.4.3 (wrong version 196.0.0), cause "kernel panic"

GenericUSBXHCI not installed (USB3 only work with USB3 drive, USB2 OK)

Use Chameleon bootloader v2.2 2262
bootflag : GraphicsEnabler=No dart=0

Work fine. Sleep, restart and PowerOff OK. (sorry for my English)

I updated from 10.8.4 to 10.8.5 with the combo update it works fine. But i installed à wrong file zo i did go to the time machine and set it back to the 10.8.5 the new 10.8.5 has à problem with the time machine Any of you have the Same problem my systeem is stUck @ the apple logo and boot over 200 times the Same over and over.

so i set it back to 10.8.4 and it works fine so the new update had à bug!

if Any had the ansar for the problem Plz.

hey JOJO always have the same issue with this update i try fresh install with it about 9 times always haven this screeen in verbose mode i tried a lot of differnt multibeast configs but always the same problem i think i need do to like you with appleintelcpupowermanagement but dont know where to find the kext do you have an idea please? i think it's the last install i will try before i make a new fresh instal with 10,8,4 again:crazy:

thx

this config:

ga z77 ds3h
i5 3750k
vengence 8 go 1600
wd hdd 750 go
intel graphics 4000

alreadybuilt
the "Yak"

i7 3750k
p8z77 m asus
16go gskill