Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.5 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: OS X 10.8.5 Update

Thanks for the reply.

Here's what I have done since that post...

I had to do that Apple installer update and then had success getting a USB installer with Unibeast 2.0.2. I tried all kinds of flags once I booted with the USB Thumb drive but nothing worked. I re-did the thumb drive and checked the legacy USB stuff but it still wouldn't work.

Ok, I got the new Unibeast 2.1 and re-did the USB Thumb drive with the legacy USB stuff checked. Tried a bunch of times with different boot flags e.g. PCIRootUID, etc, still nothing worked. What happens is the AppleUSBEHCI message keeps coming up during boot time and won't let me get past that.

The thing is, this GA-Z77X-UD5H motherboard shouldn't be that difficult since I have seen a lot of other users have success with the same board. I have one 8GB stick of memory in slot 1. I checked the sata connections and disabled the higher speed slots. I do not have any graphics card, I am using the on board HD4000. I have a keyboard with a mouse plugged into it in one of the USB2 slots on the back panel, I have the 8GB thumb drive in the other USB2 slot.

I have run out of things to try, maybe I have some BIOS settings wrong but I need someone who knows more than I do at this point. If any of you have an idea for me to try out, please let me know.

Thanks

Hi all.
I have a very rare problem, I have 2 internal disks one 3Tb and one 1 Tb, bothwith mountain lion (10.8.4); I installed 10.8.5 combo update in the 1 Tb disk first and all work fine, then I installed in the 3 Tb disk, when I rebooted there is the error "error parsing plist file" and the 3 td disk doesn't display.
Then boot from an USB external disk and the 3tb disk displays, but the error "error parsing plist file" is still there, but when I select first the 3 tb disk to boot (it can't) and then the 1 tb disk to boot, the system boot from the 3 tb disk and all works fine.
So, I must to boot from an external USB disk, then select the 1 tb disk and finally the 3 tb file.
Any ideas?
Tanks to all

cguzman,
Apple's OS X does not run on drives larger than 1TB. You'll need to partition the 3TB drive so as to have the Mt Lion on the 3TB drive installed on a partition 1TB or less.

This has solved my problem with bluetooth after update 1.8.5
Open the Finder. From the Finder menu bar click Go > Go to Folder
Type or copy paste the following:

/Library/Preferences/com.apple.Bluetooth.plist

Click Go then move the com.apple.Bluetooth.plist file to the Trash.
Bluetooth ok on v1.8.5 now

See Post #2. :thumbup:

Sorry, I dont see an answer in Post #2. can u be more specific please?
I do see in Sys info USB 3.0 Super Speed, but when actually connecting one over there will not mount it..

Stork, will the new Multibeast contain a way for x79 boards to regain audio?

I think the next MultiBeast is due out on Friday with updated drivers. Sorry about the wait, but 10.8.5 held some surprises for us.

Ok thanks mate. I'll wait until then, rather than trying to do a rollback. No problems on the wait, it's just good to know it's a known thing :)

cguzman,
Apple's OS X does not run on drives larger than 1TB. You'll need to partition the 3TB drive so as to have the Mt Lion on the 3TB drive installed on a partition 1TB or less.

Sorry, I beg to differ. Well, kind of. It's actually, a "yes and no" situation. I have been running OS X on 1.5TB for quite a while (I don't have a larger disk). There is a workaround. However, you are correct. By default, OS X does not run on drives larger than 1TB. I am sure that is subject to a separate thread, though :)

Attachments

• OS X on 1.5TB.jpg
    OS X on 1.5TB.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 171
10.8.5 on MSI Z77A GD55

Hi,

Update 10.8.4 -> 10.8.5 on MSI Z77A GD55 (BIOS 1.10 not patched), i7 3770, GeForce 760 and VIA FireWire. No DSDT!

OK after install AppleHDA "ALC892_noDSDT_ML10.8.5_Final" and very important, patch native (locked wrmsr BIOS :thumbdown:) AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext v214.0.0 with "AICPMPatch" (Perl Script).
NOT Use patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext on MultiBeast 5.4.3 (wrong version 196.0.0), cause "kernel panic"

GenericUSBXHCI not installed (USB3 only work with USB3 drive, USB2 OK)

Use Chameleon bootloader v2.2 2262
bootflag : GraphicsEnabler=No dart=0

Work fine. Sleep, restart and PowerOff OK. (sorry for my English)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back