Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.5 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: OS X 10.8.5 Update

X79-UD5 (combo update 10.8.5)

I get this error:

USBMSC Identifier (non-unique): 200604130922100000 0xbda 0x151 0x5195 .....
Still waiting for root device

Anybody with some solution ???

The Marvell Sata ports no longer worked after the update on my X79 UP4, put all drives on the intel ports and got 8.5 to boot but
no Audio and Network,

Tried removing the ncpi=3000 flag but I just get black screens

Hi everyone!
Update went well, but stuck with with "waiting for root device" error.

My system is:
Inspiron 1720, Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB Ram, 2 HDDs - one with ML

Tried everything, also checked this thread, nothing is working.
Would appreciate any help.

PS: All other updates until 10.8.4 went well, always replacing a few kexts in S/L/E, which was working great until now.

For both my hackintoshes with GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 the following worked:
1. Made a copy of the AppleHDA.kext from S/L/E
2. Removed npci=0x3000 from kernel flags in org.chameleon.Boot.plist
3. Installed the 10.8.5 combo update
4. Rebooted - at this point no audio
5. Deleted AppleHDA.kext from S/L/E - the one updated by the 10.8.5 combo
6. Installed AppleHDA.kext from step 1 using Kext Beast
7. Rebooted
8. Enjoy!
Why did you do #2?

BTW, are both your Z68X systems identically configured? If not, please put the two system's mobo/processor/graphics in your signature block. By doing that, you help us help you better. :thumbup:

hey friends i try to make a new install directly with the 10,8,5 version on a new machine with i5 3750k z77-ds3h 8go corsair vengeance 1600 sata 3 75go hdd.(bios mobo f9)
new update is ok with new cpu's so does it means that i don t need haswell helper?
do you think that i need any dsdt ?
do i have to tick the i5 case in ssdt during multi beast install after ml install?
thanks to all friends making comments here and specials thgreat thanks for tonymac and all the team here :)

ps using intel hd graphic

timmillea,
Use the latest UniBeast (v2.1) which incorporates the latest versions:

Updated GenericUSBXHCI to v1.2.5
Updated AppleIntelE1000e to v2.5.4c
Updated AHCI_3rdParty_SATA to v0.4​
I tried to update my Haswell system again yesterday and today following the above by the book. Having made a new USB install drive for 10.8.5 and removed the GenericUSBXHCI.kext from it, the only way I could boot from the USB drive was using -x. Then I lost use of the mouse, and had limited keyboard functionality (both are wired USB) but enough to proceed with the install which reported as successful.

Rebooting from USB then selecting the drive I had just installed to, there was simply no option that would get me past the Apple boot screen with the whirling dial. If I attempted safe mode, it would say "ignoring mach_kernel .... can't find mach_kernel" and stop. In verbose mode I saw dozens of errors - many SMC - flash by but none to give any meaningful clues. I tried every work-around I could find recommended elsewhere all without avail. I did no better trying to boot directly from the main drive.

Aborted yet again. The Haswell Helper 10.8.4 install was a breeze in comparison. Restore to 10.8.4 now underway, again.

Also followed comment #2 ....no problem at all!!!! :)

This has definitely broken the USB 3.0 expresscard hack on Apple Macbooks.

Why did you do #2?

BTW, are both your Z68X systems identically configured? If not, please put the two system's mobo/processor/graphics in your signature block. By doing that, you help us help you better. :thumbup:

I did #2 to enable the audio. Keeping npci=0x3000 results in no audio despite replacing the AppleHDA.kext
Yes, both systems are identical. The only difference is F10 bios for one vs F12 for the other and the freq of the RAM - 1333MHz vs 1600MHz.

Hope the above helps.

How can i get os X 10.8.5 if when i buyed it was on 10.8.4 and the versione downloaded on my mac is The 10.8.4?

I get the impression 10.8.5 may prevent DSDT edits from working? Now I admit this is attempted on a presumed faulty hardware system (it was an attempt in case it was a software issue.

But in my build, the audio layout id defined by DSDT and the wifi card is injected via DSDT. Both were functioning prior to update(its QE/CI due to a DRM Status error that I'm thinking is caused by a hardware fault), but after the update, I loose Audio despite re-installing via multi beast (Without HDAEnabler due to having the DSDT edits) and the Wifi claims no hardware installed (Although ironically still shows in network preferences -switched off, and won't switch on of course-but I guess thats due to the preferences plist)

My Build:
Zotac Z77 ITX WiFi i7 3770T using HD4000
Realtek ALC 892 audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back