Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.5 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
After updating with the built-in updater (lazy me :)) Sleep was gone. Restored a TB backup, followed Stork's advice (except I couldn't repair permissions the second time <Disk Utility reported some problems>, repaired them after reboot. Everything is working fine (sleep included). Thanks guys! Z77-DS3H, i3 3250, GF8800GT

Article: OS X 10.8.5 Update

Asus rampage iv gene
i7 3930k
gtx 670
as long as i boot with npci=x3000 -x it boots fine on 10.8.5.if i boot without -x i get the following
USBF:0.407 AppleUSBECHI::unable to get filterInteruptEventSource
USBF:0.407 AppleUSBECHI::UIMInitialize-Error occurred(0xe0000be)
still waiting on root device

When I do boot into safe mode my asmedia sata controller is not recognized and will not mount my other 2 hard drives.

I opened up Safari and noticed there's graphical glitches when i move the window around or when the apple start page moves from one image to another.

everything works perfectly on 10.8.4

Can u post the boot flags of your org.chameleon.Boot.plist?

Have u tried GraphicsEnabler=No
Darkwake=0
USBBusFix=Yes
?

I think that if you rollback IOUSBfamily.kext u solve the problem... If u don't know how u can do it, use time machine or extract the kext from basesystem.png from 10.8.3 mountain lion installer

Can u post the boot flags of your org.chameleon.Boot.plist?

Have u tried GraphicsEnabler=No
Darkwake=0
USBBusFix=Yes
?

I think that if you rollback IOUSBfamily.kext u solve the problem... If u don't know how u can do it, use time machine or extract the kext from basesystem.png from 10.8.3 mountain lion installer

I'm using darkwake=0 graphicsenabler=no npci=x3000 use kernel cache.
I'll go ahead and roll back the IOUSBfamily.kext and see if that does anything.

I was able to perform the update on my Hackintosh via the Combo update. As ALWAYS, after the installer ran I got the "Installation Failed" message, but it was actually installed just fine. (BTW, anyone know why we get the Installation Failed messages when programs install just fine?)

My Rig:

Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
Intel i5 2500K, 16Gb RAM, two (x2) MSI HD6870 Twin Frozr II with the X-Fire bridge connected.

I too had no audio after the combo update. I keep 2 copies of the AppleHDA.kext files. The original Apple one, and the modified one that has always fixed the issue. I re-installed the original AppleHDA.kext first using Kext Utility. Rebooted and had audio again, but not the correct ports. Then I reinstalled the modified (don't remember where I got them, had the kext for a long time now) AppleHDA.kext file and rebooted. Back to normal. 100% working with no issues. All the MoBo ports are working fine (i.e. Firewire, USB 3.0, USB 2.0, Audio, LAN, etc...). The system profiler sees both MSI HD 6870's just fine and has no issues with the X-Fire bridge in place even though OSX 10.8.5 doesn't use it. Lastly I repaired permissions.

Every combo update since ML came out has killed my audio, but the reinstall of kext files always fixes it fast. Usually if I have an issue its my video cards playing nice and I have to reinstall those kext's.

Mike R

You hve to reinject for ATI graphic card ID in AMDRADEONACCELERATOR and the driver. For NVIDIA, donwload driver.

here are a couple screen shots

Spinning grey wheel on white startup screen with grey apple - boot flag for video card

Tried GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x3000 PCIRootUID=0

Still no luck - think thats what saved me last time? Any thoughts?

Thanks!

How long does it take in general for the new Multibeast? How fast are the guys?

Everything went fine!
Follow instructions on first post:
Repaired disk permissions, install update, reinstall audio kext with multibeast, reinstall chimera bootloader, repaired disk permissions, restart.

GA Z77-D3H - i7 3770k - GTX 660

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back