Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.5 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: OS X 10.8.5 Update

Got mine working finally on 10.8.5. Couple of issues, Asus Rampage II extreme, i7 920 processor, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti 1024 MB setup.

1. AppleACPIPlatform.kext creates the slowboot issue and so need to restore it from a previous version
2. GraphicsEnabler=No was my setup with NVDIA drivers from the web (latest). Rolled them back and waiting for the 10.8.5 drivers to be available.
3. Strangely, the kernel flag, npci=0x3000 created issues and could not boot. So used the -F (uppercase) flag to boot without kernel flags and then got rid of npci=0x3000 in org.chameleon.plist and i am all set.

Ran combo update, repaired permissions, reboot, reinstalled AppleHDA from multibeast, repaired permissions, reboot. All good.

P55A-4P, i5-750.

Did install with Combo, had to do audio and trim again. Strange thing, I now have to use dart=0 or tun off Visualization in Bios to be able to boot at all. No big thing, but I'm glad for the Internet to find a solution.

Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 / i7-2600K

I have an official apple bluetooth, it's the BLUETOOTH USB +EDR ADAPTER v2.1 UHE: Product ID: 0x016a Vendor ID:0x050d (Belkin Corporation). This one works fine, not a problem at all and gives you access to the bios. This means it doesn't need an OS to run.
Mine 's not working either.

During startup and in the Console I see the following message:

9/13/13 7:47:31.000 PM kernel[0]: [IOBluetoothHCIController][ProcessEventDataWL] -- kBluetoothHCIEventHardwareError occurred -- status = 0x0037 (kBluetoothHCIErrorSecureSimplePairingNotSupportedByHost or kBluetoothHCIErrorMax) -- mNumberOfCommandsAllowedByHardware is 0, processing -- opCode = 0x0000 (UNKNOWN), requestPtr = 0

9/13/13 7:47:31.000 PM kernel[0]: **** [IOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport][setPowerStateWL] -- PerformPowerStateChange() failed: 0xE00002BC (kIOReturnError) -- powerStateOrdinal = OFF, mCurrentInternalPowerState = ON -> mPendingInternalPowerState = OFF -- this = 0xffffff8016551c00 ****

I also see that the following bluetooth kexts have been updated:
IOBluetoothFamily.kex
IOBluetoothHIDDriver.kext

maybe putting back the 10.8.4 ones fixes the problem

Hi all,

Got a panic after updating thought the store. See attached picture.
Any tips on how to get things running again?

Greetings

Attachments

• Panic.jpg
    Panic.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 189

Same board and Revision not so lucky. Won't Boot

Same board and revision. Had to kextunload GenericUSBXHCI.kext prior to successful upgrade using combo. Reinstalled sound using Multibeast 5.4.3. Downloaded and installed GenericUSBXHCI ver 1.2.5.
Booting took longer time than 10.8.4. Got 10.8.5 to work somehow, but no still no sound, no back USB3. Reinstalling sound didn't help. Safari flickers on animated contents. Apparently Multibeast 5.4.3 is not ready for 10.8.5.
Returned to 10.8.4 using Time Machine. Will try again when a newer version of Multibeast becomes available.

Right explanation about my issues.
Tried this method but no success. Rollback to 10.8.4.
Macman found the solution for reboot loop in his modded kernel. I really hope that will be possible to create a tool to solve it.
in many countries is very difficult to find recommended boards to buy. This limits friendly hackintosh builds.

Also the same with me. I have a Intel DH87MC with Haswell i5-4670k which has been running as an OSX server on 10.8.4. (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...5-4670k-haswell-installation-with-108-server/) When I upgraded to 10.8.5, it also went into reboot hell. I am now back on 10.8.4.

Interesting note, however, was that I was running from a fusion drive on 10.8.4, and 10.8.5 hosed the fusion set-up as well, as others have pointed out.

Haswell and Fusion are clearly stress points for 10.8.5.

Anyone tried to do a fresh install and see if that fixes Bluetooth?

1st. System: No problem at all (but USB3) - P8Z77-V/PRO TH

2st. System: USB3 don't work, ALC887 don't work, Marvell 9123 SATA-6Gb controller don't work - P7H55M/USB3

BOTH systems: GenericUSBXHCI.kext v1.2.5 does the trick!! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back