Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.5 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: OS X 10.8.5 Update

I try to be as conservative as possible when doing these new MAC things, so what I don't know is: before 10.8.5 update, do I boot into 10.8.4 or some other system/drive?

You you don't need to do anything special. Just make a copy of your current drive in case the update goes wrong and breaks everything. Aside from that, just download the combo update and do what you gotta do within your 10.8.4 system.

Thanks for the reply. I have backed-up with CCC and Time Machine, so here goes....

edit: ...hmmm, hmmm, worked like a charm, thanks to custy1234, and especially Stork.

All my USBs are working now per #186 advice, updated the latest kext from http://sourceforge.net/projects/genericusbxhci/?source=navbar. If just removed it not working for me, the latest 1.2.5 version is required.

I run GPUSniffer, now my graphic card show GK104 (previously Geforce GTX 770). So I updated in cuda_supported_cards.txt and raytracer_supported_cards.txt, then both Premier and After Effects work fine.

In Davinci Resolve, pop-up shows "Your current hardware configuration is not able to support maximum realtime performance" but it can detect GK104 as GPU and seem it's working as previous.

Hello !
I need help! No success in updating to 10.8.5! Comboinstaller 10.8.5 install success,
but on reboot:

Still waiting for root device
!! no change!
core i7 on ASUS P8Z68-VLX Easybeast. Never had problems with Mountainlion before?!(10.8.4 worked fine)!

did App Store update on a GA Z68MA and LOST audio ALC889.
used MultiBeast 5.0.2 and NO HELP on audio as I tried both VOODOO AND ALC889
upgraded MultiBeast 5.4.3 and ALC 889 NO DSDT
and audio works NOW!!!!!

I used -x, safe mode, when 10.8.4 hung after installation. It did boot successfully then, and subsequent reboots worked okay with no problems.

no work for me i've updated via combo update from 10.8.4 and i got kp, i can't boot.
ga z68 xp ud3 - i7 2600k - nvidia 660 gtx ti gigabyte

Have you tried to reinstall patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext?

Z77x-UP5 TH

I can freeze 10.8.5 with the Ekornes online webdesign program I tried to use to design/buy furniture it loads some plugin. You can design but printing the chart will freeze OSX in firefox. Safari cant even print. Worked perfectly in 10.8.4. Sound OK, USB3.0 seems to work as intended.

Unfortunately, it seems that AppleIntelE1000.kext isn't working after my 10.8.5 update. Anyone else has the problem ?
Yes same problem with my asus p8z68-v pro/gen3. Haven't found solution yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back