Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.5 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: OS X 10.8.5 Update

Replaced the 10.8.5 bluetooth kexts (IOBluetoothFamily.kext, IOBluetoothHIDDriver.kext) with the kexts from the 10.8.4 version. Now the Bluetooth icon shows up but it can't connect to devices. :( It's a Targus 2.0 Bluetooth adapter, worked OOB for a long time..
Anyone who have working Bluetooth, what adapter do you use? Is the
IOGear Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter still working in 10.8.5?

Nope, as I previously mentioned it, I tried also the same thing with the same effects... No connection possible between my BT adapter (Belkin) and Magic Mouse / Wireless Keyboard.

Edit: Mine does use the same Broadcom chip as the IOGear one, so I don't think this will work neither...

Followed Stork's instructions to a tee.....freeze at grey logo screen....restored 10.8.4 from CCC backup image. Help needed to figure out what went wrong....

Gigabyte Z77-DS3H | Intel HD4000 graphics

• [*=left]Removed GenericUSBXHCI.kext (version 1.2.4) and then installed GenericUSBXHCI.kext (ver.1.2.5 * here ) with KextBeast *Credit goes to MacTester57 for that solution :thumbup:
    [*=left]launched Disk Utility and Repair Disk Permissions
    [*=left]Installed with 10.8.5 Combo Update > Reboot..
    [*=left]Ran MultiBeast Reinstall of Realtek ALC887/888b (With DSDT - 100302 Current) + 10.8.3 Trim Patch >
    [*=left]Reboot..
Everything works including Bluetooth (IOGear GBU521), iMessage and HDMI (DSDT) - all good :)

Hello friends

I need help please!

I install 10.8.5 update and everything run correctly, only the ATI Kext (graphics board) not function well. I edit the kext with plist but forgot to eliminate the kexts ATI in the paste extensions and submit the kexts edit in kext utility and now when i start the computer only appear i white board, i try -x and graphicsenabler=no, but don't result. I only need to enter in mac because i know how resolve the problem. Anyone have idea to help me? i need the computer to work...
Thanks

Help needed...Followed Stork's instructions exactly. Update sucessful but froze on reboot at grey logo screen. Restored a CCC backup image so now back at 10.8.4, waiting to hear from the OSX experts on what to do next.

Working on GA X58A-UD7. Had to install ALC889 kext for sound after update. All running so far. Thanks!!!

I got everything working except audio.
Impossible to get back. I used to reinstall the kexts as usual for every update and it worked fine.
But with 10.8.5 it's just impossible !! i tried every kext that seemed to fit, even Voodoo ain't working.
i've got a GA Z68XP UD3, and it seems that i'm not alone with this...

Any solution somehow, or should i just wait for a Multibeast update ?

Doesn't work for me on Asus P9x79 LE w i7-3820
Can only log in with -x
During installation even from another Mac OS returned Install Error
I has Realtek 892, 8111 as ethernet, additional 8111 ethernet card and GTX 650
It worked very well with 10.8.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back