Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.5 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
For some Haswell systems the new mach_kernel does not work and the "patched" kernel from the Haswell Helper is required. However, becuase the system is now 10.8.5 it is also necessary to roll back some other kexts to 10.8.4 to make it work. The 4 kexts I apparently had to roll back (along with using the "patched kernel" from 10.8.4 to make 10.8.5 work for my Haswell system were the following:
AppleAHCIport.kext, AppleACPIPlatform.kext, IOPCIFamily.kext and IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext.
At the moment, many Haswell systems are not fully supported.
The cure may be a bios update for the board or a new patched kernel for 10.8.5 when the sources are released. So caution should be given when choosing any Haswell boards. They are not all created equal.

Article: OS X 10.8.5 Update

MSI gd65 haswell 4770k - completely hosed my system, just reboots at the apple screen no matter what boot flags.

Downloaded the new app store mountain lion, and that wont even load into the installer. It kernel panics.

I reinstalled .4 and I didn't lose my system, so I'm going to sit on .4 till the kinks are worked out.

My Hackintosh: Z77X-ud5H, icore7 3770, HD 4000, internet ASUS N13,
update C
ombo 10.8.5, MB 5.4.3 updated: ALS 898, 1080P, MAC PRO 5.1, everything works OK, Thanks tonymacx86

Used combo update for my Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 Hacintosh. Installation went through.
However, had to reinstall patched AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement as the system did not boot - crashed to CPU 0 panic.
Now no sound (used MB to install AppleHDA), no Ethernet (reinstalled AppleIntelE1000 with MB).
So far haven't found a solution to this.

My P7P55D Hac works fine with 10.8.5.

What's the incentive to switch to 10.8.5? Still no cuda.. 10.8.4 is working well enough for me at the moment..

Article: OS X 10.8.5 Update

I use to get a freeze after about 10-15 minutes when opening ML 10.8.4 and this issue was fixed with the freezefix app.

Last night, after removing the freezefix app, I worked on my computer for about 2 hours and no freeze. Did some edits in FCPX and all was fluid.

I am running the OS X default driver since my latest NVidia driver is incompatible.

My CUDA Driver Version: 5.0.61 and needs to be updated, which I will do later on.

USB 3 not working yet....

Asus P8P67 Deluxe
i7 2600
NVidia Asus GTS 450

It is the best news. I have GTX 560 (Non TI) doing FCPX too thanks. Post your Experience in detail here http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...ck-latest-drivers-10-8-3-a-33.html#post654397 it will help somany

Multibeast 5.4.3 is not updated to handle Mountain Lion 10.8.5
Update at your own risk. While some may find success, most of you updating will have something break in the system that causes a kernel panic or boot malfunction. It may also disable USB 2.0 or 3.0 ports.

I will wait for mavericks, as long as I can see there is not any big thing in the upgrade.

Downloaded the combo update, followed the instructions - bingo - everything working correctly.

Even got the troubled GTX 560 working correctly with this update on my test build
GA-B75M-D3H / i5 3570K / GTX 560.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back