Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.5 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated via the App Store, had to reinstall my sound driver via Multibeast (ALC892). Otherwise it's just fine.

GA-Z77N-WIFI Mini ITX
Asus GT 610 2GB
Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600
Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM
Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM
BitFenix Prodigy (Black) Mini ITX Tower
Corsair 500W ATX12V

Installed with Combo Updater, ran MultiBeast and reinstalled AppleHDA audio driver for ALC889 before rebooting, and audio works fine. However, the GenericUSBXHCI driver no longer seems to work; System Report still shows the USB 3.0 SuperSpeed Bus, but doesn't see my USB 3.0 hard drive when I attach it. I'll try reinstalling GenericUSBXHCI with MultiBeast and see what happens.

My update went OK. As a precaution, I removed the GenericUSBXHCI.kext file from S/L/E prior to running the Combo updater. Afterward, I used MultiBeast to reinstall the DSDT free ALC889 Audio. I then rebooted and everything (excepting USB 3.0) is working just fine. I have no critical USB 3.0 devices, so I'll wait until this get sorted out in the next multi-beast. The Marvel SATA drivers from Multi-Beast still do work, I can confirm.

Let us Sabertooth x79 owners know how the update works. Thanks!

Updated from 10.8.4 using Combo Update to 10.8.5.
Reinstalled ALC892 with MultiBeast 5.4.3, rebooted.
No issues.
My GTX 760 still shows up as GK104 but works just fine (as reported by others in the forums).

A 2500K + MSI P67A-C43 + Sapphire 6870 Flex from 10.8.4 to 10.8.5 though the combo update worked, but after a little work. I had to go in and remove the AppleIntelCPUPowerMangement.kext and AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient.txt from the upgraded installation, and replace them with the AppleIntelCPUPowerMangagement.kext from my previous working 10.8.4 installation.

After that things booted normally. Before I was getting an error about the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext on boot.

Hi Tonymac,
Unibeast does not see OSX mountain lion installation from Applications folder, i just download it and it is invisible, i only can see it in launchpad. What i should do do manage unibeast to see osx installation app?
maybe it is not compatible with it!!! needs to be updated with 10.8.5!!!! thanks for your reply

what if I did not reinstall HDA things before reboot.. @.@

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back