Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.5 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update went great. No problems from 10.8.3
I haven't update CUDA in awhile, but I got CUDA Driver Version: 5.5.25 pop-up and it updated fine.

asus P8Z77-m PRO i7 3770k
gtx 570

Article: OS X 10.8.5 Update

Sage advice.

I'm not taking any chances this time around. I'll backup to a HDD or clone to an SSD.

I run a nightly clone scheduled with CCC every night. That way if anything ever happens, I always have a fully bootable backup.

Update broke bluetooth. Have been using the Jabra A320s since Lion with no problems until now.
killed my bluetooth and sound as well (p8p67 deluxe patched Bios 2103)
ALC898
jabra A320s

I have no sound even after re installing AppleHDA1 kext after 10.8.5 combo update, any clue?
yeah I'm having the same issue. No Audio even after running MultiBeast....

Repaired Permissions using the Disk Utility
Ran the Combo Update

"Installation Failed", so I rebooted and checked system info: 10.8.5. was installed!

Ran Multibeast for audio ALC889, got an installation error, rebooted and audio was working!

Haven't checked USB 3 yet.

Removed the freezefix app for fermi freeze and so far so good, but still needs to push this further

no work for me i've updated via combo update from 10.8.4 and i got kp, i can't boot.
ga z68 xp ud3 - i7 2600k - nvidia 660 gtx ti gigabyte

Updated failed due to net.osx86.kexts.GenericUSBXHCI

rebuilding /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcachekxld[net.osx86.kexts.GenericUSBXHCI]: The following symbols are unresolved for this kext:
kxld[net.osx86.kexts.GenericUSBXHCI]: IOUSBControllerV2::_RESERVEDIOUSBControllerV226()
kxld[net.osx86.kexts.GenericUSBXHCI]: IOUSBControllerV3::_RESERVEDIOUSBControllerV320()
kxld[net.osx86.kexts.GenericUSBXHCI]: IOUSBControllerV3::_RESERVEDIOUSBControllerV321()
Link failed (error code 5).
Prelink failed for net.osx86.kexts.GenericUSBXHCI; aborting prelink.
Failed to generate prelinked kernel.
Child process /usr/sbin/kextcache[903] exited with status 71.
Error 107 rebuilding /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache.

I have to manually remove the kext and reapply the update. But the USB 3 seems to be working fine without osx86 usb kext. so, I am not sure if it is really needed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are the Man!!!!!!!

First i run the Combo Update downloaded via link from Tonymacx86 sadly the Update always failed.
I even could get into OSX, kernel panic.
I almost needed two hours then i saw your comment and i give try!

I removed "GenericUSBXHCI" kext and now i can finally boot again into OSX. Now i only have to do some little things like TrimEnabler etc..
HUUUU i almost had a panic attack myself not only my Hackintosh! he he.

So in other words, the "GenericUSBXHCI.kext" needs to be updated for 10.8.5 and future updates, otherwise
it will break the official apple updates and you will not been able to boot into OSX.
So don't forget the apple Update works fine by removing the "GenericUSBXHCI.kext" first. only if you have it installed on your system of course.

Many thanks again! very fine

System: Hackintosh
Boot loader: Chimera v2.2.0
CPU: Intel i7 960 (3.30GHz) Quad-Core
MB: Gigabyte x58a-ud3r r2 (Bios FF)
Graphics: nVidia GeForce GTS 450 OC (1GB) DDR5
Official Apple GPU Driver Version: 8.16.74 310.40.00.10f02
nVidia CUDA Driver Version: 5.5.25
Ram: Corsair 6GB DDR3 (1600mhz)
HD: Intel SSD 520 Series 240GB
Monitor: Sony Bravia 1920 x 1080 - (42 Zoll)

I have no Sound after updating to 10.8.5, even after running MultiBeast 5.x
Audio = With DSDT ALC888 "Legacy"

I second that

It killed my bluetooth too. An MSI Starkey 2 (Broadcom BCM2045A).

I've tried everything, the kext from 10.8.4, adding the device and vendor ID to the actual kext, and no luck at all :(

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back