Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.5 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
wont boot

Thanks for getting back! I've got good news......problem SOLVED!!!

Just wanted to post solution for UD5 X79 board updated from 10.8.4 to 10.8.5

After much headache and help from thanos4 its working again - thanks thanos4!

Maybe this will help someone else with the X79 board?

Ok here it goes -I did a fresh install of 10.8.5

BTW it should be noted my GTX 650ti card was in the far right slot closest to the CPU. Also have 6 core 3930K CPU. Not sure what video card others use or what slot they have it in, and or cpu but below boot flag worked for me:

I had to use bootflags in USB by pressing space bar then enter "-v -x GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x3000 cpus=1"

Once in desktop I ran the below Multi Beast 5.5.1 settings for theUD5 X79 with GTX650ti:

1: Under Customization checked GraphicsEnabler=No since I could not boot properly without using that boot flag

2: Instant Menu

3: Easy Beast

4: audio 898 (without DSDT)

5: hnak for network

6: trim enabler 10.8.3 (if you have ssd - I do have a OCZ Vertex 4 and love it)

7: appleACPIplatform rollback-to 10.8.1 Rollback

8: ssdt options-sandt bridge core i7

9: Adjust org.chameleon.Boot.plist in the string in the <string>darkwake=0 </string> line to include "npci=0x2000"like so <string>darkwake=0 npci=0x2000</string>"

10: I added generic usb kext that stork recommends via the kext utility tool from post 2.

11: Did a repair disk permission in disk utility.

now everything works flawlessly ....sound...network. ..ssd - I have RME fireface 800 audio hardware so I dont mess with junky on board audio anyway

Just FYI here is my working org.chameleon.Boot.plist in case it helps some other poor fool update the UD5 X79 board to 10.8.5:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>darkwake=0 npci=0x2000</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Instant Menu</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Also

ethernet:

Type: Ethernet Controller
Bus: PCI
Vendor ID: 0x8086
Device ID: 0x1503
Subsystem Vendor ID: 0x1458
Subsystem ID: 0xe000
Revision ID: 0x0006
BSD name: en0
Kext name: AppleIntelE1000e.kext
Location: /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleIntelE1000e.kext
Version: 2.5.4

This was a pain in the neck and a waste of time! Glad its working now but would never have updated had I known it would be such a pain in the brown eye. Really appreciate everyones help!!

BTW Geekbench =16371

Going to add 6 core cpu flag and adjust the ram - five tune and tweak - going to try and get back mac pro 5.1 system def as well...etc

If anyone is in trouble the the 10.8.5 update please private message me I will do my best to help.

-G

Attachments

• IMG_0013.jpg
    IMG_0013.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 212
  • IMG_0015.jpg
    IMG_0015.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 197
Works perfectly on i5-2500k / GTX 560ti / Sabertooth p67;
Only needed to reinstall Audio and Trimsupport.

Article: OS X 10.8.5 Update

Updated through Software Update, All good. Trying to reinstall the Audio driver, Multibeast failed to install the driver. Anyone else having issues with Multibest on 10.8.5?

Article: OS X 10.8.5 Update

Bimmer325Ci, sometimes you have to run MultiBeast twice loading just the audio driver. That happened to me once. Dunno why...and we couldn't find out why that occurred.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back