Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.5 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: OS X 10.8.5 Update

best way is to update the combo way

Unable to boot with any combo of flags while my 560ti is installed - pulled that out and everything works a charm. /sigh

Edit: I rechecked MB and reflagged Chimera for install - now all is well?

Guys plss help me. My wifi on 10.8.5 doesn't work. Pls any one help me... I will add picture of my hardware...but Ethernet is connected and working but no wifi..Please help me

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,015 KB · Views: 202

Attachments

• Screen1.jpg
    Screen1.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 168
  • Screen2.jpg
    Screen2.jpg
    616 KB · Views: 171
  • Screen3.jpg
    Screen3.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 212
  • Screen4.jpg
    Screen4.jpg
    341.6 KB · Views: 161
  • Screen5.jpg
    Screen5.jpg
    547.8 KB · Views: 169

Wondering if anyone has successfully updated to 10.8.5 on Z77MX-D3H version 1.0 with Ivy bridge i5 3570k? I've been running very reliably at 10.8.2 with Multibeast 5.1.x for more than a year and don't want to screw anything up now. I am not using the onboard VT2021 audio, but using the USB iMic instead. Also, are there any issues with 10.8.5 and ethernet (Atheros AR8151)?

Have successfully upgraded to 10.9 Mavericks 10.9 and also applied the 10.9.1 update. However had to do a Unibeast install from scratch and restore/reinstall apps. Not to bad if you have a Time Machine backup or use migrate utility if you have the 10.8.5 system disk mounted. Make sure and review the new Unibeast instructions when installing Mavericks, some defaults have changed). Only problem was with the VT2021 sound, still using a USB sound stick instead just as you are, I recommend you stick with that. Ran into problems when attempting to install via Multibeast the VT2021 sound driver. Make sure you make a backup of your system, I prefer to use SuperDuper (http://www.shirt-pocket.com/SuperDuper/SuperDuperDescription.html) over Carbon Copy Cloner, seems to work better and be more reliable. The configuration is the same as yours Z77MX-D3H, except the processor is a Sandy Bridge I5-3570K. Make sure you have a working copy of the system before you start!!!

No problems at all. Updated and re-installed audio driver.
ga h55m-usb3

I am having issues installing the update, honestly I just needed the update to work with logic x but I sorted out...I have 10.8.2 working good...trying to move forward to mavericks but I need to patch the file to work with MBR and I am still investigating...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back