Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.5 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: OS X 10.8.5 Update

unsleepable,
No, you have a Gigabyte B75M-D3P, the above posts were about Z77X-UP5H TH motherboards, which do not need the XHCI driver.

I just update via Stork's method on my Z77x-UP4 TH. Now none of my back panel USBs are working. I tried reinstalling the multibeast USB 3.0 universal but no luck. All help is appreciated

Im having the same problem with my front and back USB 3.0's my 2.0's are still working though. I also had to reinstall my sound driver but thats fine now.

I updated from 10.8.4 to 10.8.5 with the combo update it works fine. But i installed à wrong file zo i did go to the time machine and set it back to the 10.8.5 the new 10.8.5 has à problem with the time machine Any of you have the Same problem my systeem is stUck @ the apple logo and boot over 200 times the Same over and over.

so i set it back to 10.8.4 and it works fine so the new update had à bug!

if Any had the ansar for the problem Plz.

Imessage fix:

Open Finder, and go to /Extra in your main hard drive. Inside this "Extra" folder, create a folder named "Modules". If you already have a folder named "Modules", then just open the currently existing folder. Then, download FileNVRAM.dylib and put it in the Modules folder. Reset your pc and login to imessage.10.8.5 via combo update worked for me on my z68-ud3h-b3 F12 bios

10.8.5 via combo update worked for me on my z68-ud3h-b3 F12 bios

Imessage fix that worked for me:

Open Finder, and go to /Extra in your main hard drive. Inside this "Extra" folder, create a folder named "Modules". If you already have a folder named "Modules", then just open the currently existing folder. Then, download FileNVRAM.dylib and put it in the Modules folder. Reset your pc and login to imessage.

It Fix my iMessage problem, Thanks!

Not sure if this will help anyone, but I was having a hard time getting audio to work after upgrading to 10.8.5. Tried many of the suggestions, since I'd already had a backup, I just kept trying different things, I finally just reran Multibeast 5.4.3 and did an Easybeast. Finally I at least got what looked like Intel HD audio listed in my system info, where before there was nothing. Still no sound, though, the Output was configured as the first "line out" in my list, although I now had 2 line outs as well as internal speaker and digital out listed as choices. I used to have only 1 line out and that had to be selected to get sound. I switched to "Internal Speakers" just for the heck of it and that worked. Go figure. I still have my ethernet as well, so I'm all back to normal on this machine, at least. No USB 3 on it. Its an old GA EP45 UD3P, one of those original Lifehacker Snow Leopard builds.

Sorry, I beg to differ. Well, kind of. It's actually, a "yes and no" situation. I have been running OS X on 1.5TB for quite a while (I don't have a larger disk). There is a workaround. However, you are correct. By default, OS X does not run on drives larger than 1TB. I am sure that is subject to a separate thread, though :)

OS X works with disks bigger than 1tb very good, I have mountain lion since it was released in 2 tb disk at the beginning and now in a 3 tb disk. My problem starts when I installed 10.8.5 combo, I hace Chameleon 2.2 v2262.

Thanks

Attachments

• Sin título.tiff
    1.1 MB · Views: 168
Update: I followed the instructions that are at the beginning of this thread - provided by Stork, even after messing it up by updating without following directions and it worked perfectly.

As an FYI, I selected this Audio Driver for my Motherboard:
>drivers>audio>Realtek ALC8xx>without DSDT>ALC887/888b>v100302 Current

So glad I figured it out, hopefully if you have the same problem, you can get yours fixed too!

Thanks Stork!!!!!

I accidentally updated without consulting this site first. I now have no sound. I am search the forum to look for tips to get this working again for me. I am unclear if I need to re-download 10.8.5 from my App Store, or if I need to download the combo update. I am pretty sure that I need to wait until the update for Multi Beast on Friday to get the extra drivers that I need to make my sound work.

Here are the stats of my machine (2 months old):

Graphics: NVidia GK104 2048 MB
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Q77M-D2H
(using onboard sound card)
3.49 Intel Core i7
8 BG 1333 DDR3
SSD 240 San Disk (partitioned Mac & PC)
2nd HD 1T (partitioned for Mac & PC)

Also - I want to know if I will be starting over from scratch, or if it just applies the update to my existing OS. I would honestly rather not start from scratch, but I will if I absolutely have to.

I'm hoping someone can help guide me in the right direction as to what I need to do to get my sound working with the new OS update.

I greatly appreciate any feedback and comments.

thanks

Brianna

I used the combo update to update my h77n-wifi & i3-3225 running 10.8.4 to update to 10.8.5. HDMI audio worked without running multibeast but I lost my other output options. I of course ran multi-beast using the dsdt for my board, which is supposed to be for HDMI sound only, and restarted. I gained back my other sound output options (digital out, line out) but upon selecting the line out option which is what I am using to connect to my receiver, I dont get any sound over the line. Can anyone please help me? My TV doesnt have an HDMI audio passthrough that I can send to the receiver so my HTPC hack mini is stuck with terrible sound until I can resolve this.

EDIT: This has been resolved. All I had to do was select internal speakers as the output instead of line out. Easy fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back