Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.5 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
:( ati 7770 ghz edition 1 go ddr5 ( saphire ) not workign..... too bad ! this card work only in ************ if you have any solution to work 10.8.5 and ati 7770 ghz edition please give me the solution !

sorry for my English :)

Updated to 10.8.5 from 10.8.4 and I couldn't get passed the KPs. I did a clean install to 10.8.5 and now everything works fine. USB 3.0 was broken, but I fixed it by using the CALDIGIT driver in MB 5.2.1. Everything works great now.

Sabertooth X79 - 3930K - GTX 580

Article: OS X 10.8.5 Update

No solutions for iMessage not working?

I had lots of issues with this update. Heres what I did to get it working:

- ran repair permissions
- ran combo update
- ran multibeast before reboot for audio (without dsdt option)
- ran repair permissions and reboot
- got KP right after
- changed 'npci=0x3000' to 'ncpi=0x2000' (3000 was causing the KP for me)
- rebooted and no KP but displays were not working anymore (im using DVI)
- changed 'GraphcisEnabler=Yes' to 'GraphcisEnabler=No' and removed 'AtiConfig' and 'AtiPorts' options
- after reboot, the display was working but once the desktop loads, several apps crashes including mail, twitter and so on
- reran the combo update and before rebooting, I ran the multibeast for audio again

Everything works! that was torture! (I also didn't backup this time so it was scary)

My System:
Gigabyte H61N-USB3 F8
Intel Core i5 2500K
AMD Radeon HD 6670

built in update worked great here!!!

This was a painful update!
I had to reinstall Mountain Lion 10.8.4 from scratch. Fortunately, I had no personal files in the SSD and was able to transfer them to a USB or in the cloud before reformatting and repartitioning the SSD.
As of this writing, I am using 10.8.4 and WILL NOT update to 10.8.5 until the coders can troubleshoot the Multibeast problems and release an updated Multibeast soon. In the meantime, I will split my time running OSX for my Adobe CS6 work and for other things will be using UBUNTU 13.04
:banghead:

Following Stork's instructions I was able to successfully update to 10.8.5. I am running an Asus p8z77-v lk with an IB Corei5, no bluetooth to speak of so I cannot comment on that. But for anyone else running this board, if you follow those instructions you should be fine.

I did a clean installation of Mountain Lion 10.8.2 and applied the OSX 10.8.5 Combo Update. Rebooted. After that I applied "Repair Permissions" using Disk Utility. Lastly, I installed the VoodooHDA Audio Driver for my sounds. All works great!!!

I try to be as conservative as possible when doing these new MAC things, so what I don't know is: before 10.8.5 update, do I boot into 10.8.4 or some other system/drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back