My Hackintosh spec:
OS X 10.8.5
Motherboard - GA-H61N-USB3 rev. 1.0 Bios F8
CPU - Intel Core i5-2380P 3.1 GHz
HDD - WD Velociraptor 320 GB 10.000 rpm 7 Watts
VGA - EVGA GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost 2 GB GDDR5 - Kepler GK106
RAM - 2x4 GB 1333 MHz
Thanks for the video!! :clap:

Went with the Combo Update, lost USB support. Any helo? GA-Z77X-UD3H, tried to reinstall USB 3.0 kexts; I believe that it's just USB 2.0 devices that are non-functional.

Has anyone gotten the Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 working on 10.8.5? I have to choose between this board or an Ivy Bridge build with the GA-Z77-DS3H. (Can't go for the Z87X-D3H, as it's 50% more expensive than either of these boards)
Suggestions? I need to have a build that I can use as my main Mac, since I just sold my iMac in order to build this. ;)

Article: OS X 10.8.5 Update

Went with the Combo Update, lost USB support. Any helo? GA-Z77X-UD3H, tried to reinstall USB 3.0 kexts; I believe that it's just USB 2.0 devices that are non-functional.

Thats what i have concluded also.. only USB3 supported devices are recognized..

Since the upgrade I'm getting approx. 4 kernel exception backtraces when starting up, resulting from: AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext
It still boots fine, no visible issue till now.

Though I'd like to solve this issue. I found this guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/150-enabl...therboards-hd-4000-6-series-motherboards.html
Could this resolve my problem?

Ok my whole system is _laggy_ as hell. Even scrolling in Firefox!
My CPU seems to be fully used (all cores), I don't know about the graphics card... according to System Info it's recognized but I doubt it's used correctly. I get barely a forth of the old performance in games.

Tbh I got no clue where to start troubleshooting this...

edit// guess I better start an extra thread
edit2// done http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-desktop-support/

I used combo update, also lost the Bluetooth, but noticed that IOBluetoothFamily.kext and IOBluetoothHIDDriver.kext are the same as in 10.8.4. (checked at Date Modified column). It's very strange... what could be the problem?

Replaced the 10.8.5 bluetooth kexts (IOBluetoothFamily.kext, IOBluetoothHIDDriver.kext) with the kexts from the 10.8.4 version. Now the Bluetooth icon shows up but it can't connect to devices. :( It's a Targus 2.0 Bluetooth adapter, worked OOB for a long time..
Anyone who have working Bluetooth, what adapter do you use? Is the
IOGear Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter still working in 10.8.5?

Did a combo update from 10.8.4 to 10.8.5 according to Stork's post and it worked for me without issues.

Gigabyte H55M-U2D F3 with I5 760/8GB
Nvidia GeForce GTX 275

Multibeast 5.4.3, DSDT-GA-H55M-D2H-888b-F3.aml, ALC 888b/887 v100302 current, Realtek - Lnx2Mac's RealtekRTL81xx v0.0.90, FakeSMC V5.2.725

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back