Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.5 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have anyone problems with iMessage login?

Article: OS X 10.8.5 Update

10.8.5 via combo update worked for me on my z68-ud3h-b3 F12 bios

Imessage fix that worked for me:

Open Finder, and go to /Extra in your main hard drive. Inside this "Extra" folder, create a folder named "Modules". If you already have a folder named "Modules", then just open the currently existing folder. Then, download FileNVRAM.dylib and put it in the Modules folder. Reset your pc and login to imessage.

GA H77N-WIFI w/i3-3225, going from 10.8.4-8.5. Followed Stork's instructions and the install completed, but on reboot, system hangs at grey apple boot scrn. Had to restore from CCC backup. Anybody have any suggestions? Thanks.

No joy for me:

Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5-TH
Core i7 3770K
16 GB RAM
Gigabyte GTX 670

I had previously set my system def to MacPro5,1 and deleted ApplePowerMangement.kext and AppleTyMCEDriver, they did not get reinstalled by the combo updater. I fixed permissions, rebooted, ran the combo updater, then Multibeast 5.4.3 to update audio (ACL898) and Trim, tried to fix permissions again and got message that the whole drive could not be accessed, only one slice (weird).

I tried pmVersion=0 also, still no joy.

My boot options are: -v npci=0x3000 darkwake=0

also deleted GenericUSB kext

System hangs on "System Uptime..."

Maybe it's because of the system definition, I will try MacPro3,1 and reinstall the combo update.

Success !!!

I create step by step tutorial here:

[video=youtube_share;Bb3cdtE0GY0]http://youtu.be/Bb3cdtE0GY0[/video]

My Hackintosh spec:
OS X 10.8.5
Motherboard - GA-H61N-USB3 rev. 1.0 Bios F8
CPU - Intel Core i5-2380P 3.1 GHz
HDD - WD Velociraptor 320 GB 10.000 rpm 7 Watts
VGA - EVGA GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost 2 GB GDDR5 - Kepler GK106
RAM - 2x4 GB 1333 MHz

Nice work with the Video Roman

10.8.5 via combo update worked for me on my z68-ud3h-b3 F12 bios

Imessage fix that worked for me:

Open Finder, and go to /Extra in your main hard drive. Inside this "Extra" folder, create a folder named "Modules". If you already have a folder named "Modules", then just open the currently existing folder. Then, download FileNVRAM.dylib and put it in the Modules folder. Reset your pc and login to imessage.

For me don't work!
Another suggestions?

Thanks

Works fine. However, I had to update GenericUSBXHCI.kext to 1.2.5 because USB 3.0 did not work anymore.

seems to have broken the universal USB3 driver, which I've not even been using on a hackintosh ... just a plain vanilla macbook pro. Worked great up to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back