Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.5 Supplemental Update 1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to Hackintosh but have used PCs and have been a PC technician for a while, I'm trying to understand everything that's going on with the system. When I do this update, I lose sound which is documented throughout the site, that when you do updates it's a possibility. Having said that, I read the very first post listed and I'm a little lost as I've followed the steps but I'm not successful.

I was speaking to someone on the PJALM on the chat and he started to help me but there was a lot going on, one thing I did learn is that I do have an older motherboard and I may have a bit of an issue. This is the motherboard that I have:

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/RAMPAGE_III_FORMULA/

Whenever I do the update the sound just stops working right after, I'm not exactly sure that to do, I don't mind reading so if someone could point me to a good article I would really appreciate it.

I will continue to read if I am able to figure it out, I will post back here. Thank you all!

Hello,

After I did the supplemental update to Mtn. Lion a few weeks ago I started to see some strange behavior from my system, some times the display would turn off and I could never "wake it up." Recently this week, it has been doing that and more, now its powering off(CPU & Monitor). So I updated to Mavericks thinking this would solve this issue but its still happening. Can anyone recommend me a course of action to take besides
banghead.gif
banghead.gif
banghead.gif
. I edit videos and photos, im feeling
icon_sick.gif
right now. I've been working on this since Friday
icon_yawn.gif

Thanks,
xav

My system(Working fine for a year until a few weeks ago):

Apple LED Cinema Display

Apple APA5870C
ATI Radeon HD 5870 Graphics Upgrade Kit for Mac Pro (Mid 2010 or Early 2009)
Crucial Technology CRM4256SSD
256GB m4 SSD 2.5" Solid State Internal Drive
Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4000 BX80637I73770K
ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-1600C9Q-32GXM
Seagate Barracuda ST3000DM001 3TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive - OEM

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't had time to update my Hac, but today I finally did from 10.8.4 to 10.8.5 and with the supplemental update as well.
And USB 3.0 Works!!! I am very happy about that!

Hi everyone, I was hoping somebody could help me..

I have just updated my z77 i7 2600k machine to 10.8.5 by using the built in updated in ML and not the combo updated as I didn't realise it would be a problem, but more fool me

after erg the update and reboot the keyboard, mouse and other USB devices are not working, although some USB slots do power the devices, but there is no communication at all.

Any help at all or a point in the right direction would be great thanks.

Article: OS X 10.8.5 Supplemental Update 1.0

Hi everyone, I was hoping somebody could help me..

I have just updated my z77 i7 2600k machine to 10.8.5 by using the built in updated in ML and not the combo updated as I didn't realise it would be a problem, but more fool me

after erg the update and reboot the keyboard, mouse and other USB devices are not working, although some USB slots do power the devices, but there is no communication at all.

Any help at all or a point in the right direction would be great thanks.
Run the USB3 kext from Zenith.
GenericUSBXHCI_1.2.7.tar.gz repair permissions and reboot.
This might help.

It is selectable in MultiBeast for Mavericks v6.0.1.
True. I know. But since he is on 10.8.5 i didn't want him to accidently click other items in MB6 that are Mavericks specific.

Thanks for the reply Guys! :)

As I can't use mouse or keyboard.. will I have to boot up in a Unibeast or something to install this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back