Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.5 Supplemental Update 1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: OS X 10.8.5 Supplemental Update 1.0

To get Bluetooth working I had to add my controller to BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport.kext/Contents/Info.plist, and also delete /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/. (I previously got away without deleting my kext caches until this latest Supplemental Update.)

Here's what I did step-by-step:

1. Go to About This Mac -> More Info... -> System Report -> USB,f and click on your Bluetooth controller.

2. Convert the hexadecimal numbers under Product ID and Vendor ID to decimal and make a note of the resulting values. Google can do this conversion for you. For example, if your product ID is 0x2046, then type "0x2046 in decimal" into Google. You'll get back 8262.

3. In a text editor, open /System/Library/Extensions/IOBluetoothFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport.kext/Contents/Info.plist

4. Search this file for the converted decimal values you found for your Product ID and Vendor ID in your System Report. If you can't find a controller definition that matches both of these IDs, that's good. We're about to add one. If you already have a controller definition that matches your IDs, then stop here, as these instructions probably won't help you.

5. Choose any existing controller that has a CFBundleIdentifier of com.apple.iokit.BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport, and copy everything from <key> through </dict>.

6. Paste this controller definition immediately underneath the one you copied, and rename its key to uniquely describe your Bluetooth controller.

7. Update the integer values under idProduct and idVendor to match the converted decimal values you found for Product ID and Vendor ID in your system report. For example, here's the complete definition I added for my Belkin controller:

Code:
		<key>BroadcomUSBBluetoothHCIController - Belkin</key>
		<dict>
			<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
			<string>com.apple.iokit.BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport</string>
			<key>IOClass</key>
			<string>BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport</string>
			<key>IOProviderClass</key>
			<string>IOUSBDevice</string>
			<key>idProduct</key>
			<integer>8262</integer>
			<key>idVendor</key>
			<integer>2652</integer>
		</dict>

Yours should look similar, but probably with different values for idProduct and idVendor.

8. Save this file and exit. Type in your system password if prompted.

9. IMPORTANT: In a terminal, run this command and type in your system password when prompted:

Code:
sudo rm -R /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/

10. Reboot.

installed via system update after 2nd attempt, worked fine, repatched audio all good, waiting for mavericks now :D

For my GA-B75M-HD3 MB I had to remove HDAEnabler1.kext from S/L/E. Only then the audio worked. I did not have that kext before. I can't say if it made it through the update or through Multibeast 5.5.2. I have to perform the update for my other 2 CustoMacs with GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 and advise.

For both GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 MBs the update went smooth. Just had to replace AppleHDA.kext with the old one using Kext Utility.

For both GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 MBs the update went smooth. Just had to replace AppleHDA.kext with the old one using Kext Utility.
Why did you do that?! Use the latest version of MultiBeast (just selection the appropriate audio driver), and you'll be assured of using the latest audio kext/driver. :thumbup:

I'm with the few of you on this problem. Since the update, I've had crackling in the sound via HDMI. After the update, I reinstalled the sound Kext, repaired permissions, and rebooted as Stork correctly recommends. But then, when watching a video, after about 15/20mins the crackling kicked in.

I DO NOT USE CHROME AT ALL.

I used your fix (install the audio driver from MB 5.4.3) and it works. No crackling after an hour of watching a video.

Thoughts?

GA-Z77X-UDH5 Wi-Fi. Updated with file downloaded from Apple ( Repaired Permissions first and after ). Just had to restore audio Realtek AL898 driver non-DSDT with latest MultiBeast. No problem with MB bluetooth original adapter, but still have to boot Windows or Linux first...
Has anyone found a workaround for this ???

GA-Z77X-UDH5 Wi-fi - Updated with downloaded file ( RepairedPermissions first and after ). All OK, but audio. Just had to reload Realtek AL898 non-DSDT driver with latest MultiBeast. Original bluetooth adapter working, but still have to boot Window$ or Linux first...Had anyone found an workaround for this ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back