Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.5 Supplemental Update 1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: OS X 10.8.5 Supplemental Update 1.0

Ran the update, everything seemed ok. After my second boot attempt, it always hangs after I see a long string of "SMC::smcReadKeyActionError"s

I installed FakeSMC and plugins with latest MultiBeast (5.5.2). I'm not really sure what needs to be fixed. Can anyone help me out. My searching for that error has just suggested that the FakeSMC needs to be updated, but that didn't seem to work for me...

Thanks in advance!

wildwillow helped me by pointing out that my bios should have these settings (Gigabyte z77x-UP5TH):

Initial Display = PCI
Onboard Graphics = Disabled
Vt-D = Disabled

in case anyone else has the same issue with the same mobo.

Successfully updated, no problems with 2600K, P8P67 Pro and Asus GTX 570

My bluetooth won't pair even doing "sudo rm /Library/Preferences/com.apple.Bluetooth.plist". I noticed that my bluetooth LED was still keep blinking, so I powered off the back panel, unplugged my BT and plugged it back to USB again. This time it's working now. I can pair to my both iPhone and iPad via BT as normal then.

Install and iTunes update all good, re-install audio kext; all is working (well except protected video content in iTunes. :p )

-mark

Article: OS X 10.8.5 Supplemental Update 1.0

Ran the update, everything seemed ok. After my second boot attempt, it always hangs after I see a long string of "SMC::smcReadKeyActionError"s

I installed FakeSMC and plugins with latest MultiBeast (5.5.2). I'm not really sure what needs to be fixed. Can anyone help me out. My searching for that error has just suggested that the FakeSMC needs to be updated, but that didn't seem to work for me...

Thanks in advance!

I upgraded from 10.8.5 to 10.8.5. supplemental update and have started getting these errors too. Boot up freezes at the SMC::smcReadKeyAction ERROR MSDS kSMCBadArgumentError (0x89) error but I can boot up in safe mode. Any help is appreciated. I had a working 10.8.5 system. Updating fakeSMC was not helpful.

Salut
Gigabyte z77ds3h rev 1.1
no problemo
le top
@+

This Supplemental Update "unhides" the mach_kernel file in the root of the OS Drive ... anyone else seen this ....
I hid it back using the terminal command :
sudo chflags hidden /mach_kernel

This update solve some problems on my Hackintosh. I don't have bluetooth, so I can't say nothing about, but before the update my dvd/bd drive continuously spin up when the screen goes to sleep and than they was locked when I open the disk utility (disk utility freeze and I have to open the disc tray to unfreeze it). After this update this issue totally disappear.
I install directly from app store and after reboot I only replace AppleHDA with the one patched for my sound card (from 10.8.4 version).
Everything works perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back