Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
su.jpg
Today Apple released OS X 10.8.5 Supplemental Update 1.0. This small update has been rolled into new revised versions of the 10.8.5 update on Apple's site. The OS X 10.8.5 Supplemental Update is recommended for all users running OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.5. Download the update, or install through Software Update.

Download 10.8.5 Supplemental Update 1.0​

According to Apple's release notes, the update:
  • Resolves an issue that may prevent certain applications from using the FaceTime HD camera on mid-2013 MacBook Air systems
  • Fixes an issue that may cause external drives to be ejected after the computer goes to sleep
  • Addresses an issue that may prevent HDMI audio from working after waking from sleep
  • Fixes an issue that may prevent certain USB Bluetooth adapters from working

What we know about the 10.8.5 Supplemental Update 1.0 so far...
  • OS X Build 12F45
  • This update will replace your audio drivers.
  • You will have to reinstall AppleHDA using MultiBeast before or after reboot
  • If you use VoodooHDA, you will not need to make any modifications

Report your findings in the comments!

Related Posts:
OS X 10.8.5 Update
Update Your OS X Mountain Lion App to 10.8.5

Last edited by a moderator:
Article: OS X 10.8.5 Supplemental Update 1.0

My procedure is to
  1. Repair Permissions using the Disk Utility on the drive to be updated;*
  2. Backup your current system with Time Machine or Carbon Copy Cloner or SuperDuper;
  3. Run the Software Update;
  4. Reboot;
  5. Run the latest MultiBeast to reload only the audio driver;
  6. Reboot; and
  7. Repair Permissions again.*
Done!

* You can use the Terminal instead of Disk Utility if you feel comfortable with a UNIX command:
Code:
sudo diskutil repairPermissions /

Note that this update seems to make the recent 10.8.5 NVidia web driver refuse to load. Hopefully NVidia will issue an updated version soon again.

Updated on both H77n-Wifi and Z87X-OC only had to enable audio using MultiBeast.
Looks like it hasn't updated the permission repairs for the iTunes App in Disk Utility.

Still doesn't fix the bluetooth issues. Will have to have a proper investigation tomorrow but it I'm still getting unable to pair device...

Will it be included with the official 10.8.5 Mountain Lion Install.app from the Apple Store ?

Will it be included with the official 10.8.5 Mountain Lion Install.app from the Apple Store ?

Looks like it's already been updated- the date says October 3rd in the App Store. :thumbup:

Successfully applied the update to my system.

All components are working without patches (excl. Audio, as I am using USB Audio, and I don't care about onboard sound).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back