Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: OS X 10.8.4 Update

No problem with 10.8.4 update via Software Update on Gigabyte
GA-Z77X-UD5H with i7 3770K and Nvidia GTX660TI (Zotac).
Just had to roll back AppleHDA.kext from Multibeast and everything works great

Hello I have just installed 10.8.4 via USB unibeast, everything went fine but when boots it stucks in the apple logo and spinning wheel, I have the same mobo with i5 3570k without Nvidia cards and very much appreciate your help with multibeast settings and UEFI settings I tried almost everything is posted here but no good results so far. Thanks in advance.:banghead:

Hello I have just installed 10.8.4 via USB unibeast, everything went fine but when boots it stucks in the apple logo and spinning wheel, I have the same mobo with i5 3570k without Nvidia cards and very much appreciate your help with multibeast settings and UEFI settings I tried almost everything is posted here but no good results so far. Thanks in advance.:banghead:

Zagzea, I suggest if you are stuck on a problem and searching for answers is not being productive for you then start a new thread. You need to detail your hardware in your profile and explain the methods that you have tried and the problems that you are trying to solve.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/search.php?googleSearch=GA-Z77X-UD5H

:thumbup:

Adrian B

thanks Adrian B. I followed the Killacam successful install as I have the same configuration, but there is something that I am not doing (of course) well and can't find the failure. Look I found my mobo config for ml, I found multibeast settings from killacam, but no success...I'll post the details.

The system configuration consists of a Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4 with an XFX 6870 video card. I upgraded from 10.8.2 to 10.8.4 using the combo update. Everything went smoothly. Needed to rollback the ALC889 audio adapter (my configuration uses DSDT). The only issue I have noticed is there are fewer resolutions listed, especially for my second display connected via DVI.

thanks Adrian B. I followed the Killacam successful install as I have the same configuration, but there is something that I am not doing (of course) well and can't find the failure. Look I found my mobo config for ml, I found multibeast settings from killacam, but no success...I'll post the details.

I remember reading issues with this in the 47 pages prior on this thread. I forget what the solution was. It could have been the HDA codec (just delete and use multibeast to install your audio kext). OR maybe it had to do with FaksSMC or HWMonitor.

I really don't remember the problem/solution but I do remember reading it in this thread. I always read through all of the thread and then do the update (so I know what could possibly happen). Good thing you backed up, right?

Worked fine from Software Update for me, enabled my GTX 760 natively:), shows up as "NVIDIA GK104 2048 MB" in System Information. had to reinstall Audio kexts from multibeast and set GraphicsEnabler=No and everything was good to go.
Side note.. Much better with the GPU than using the "Intel Graphics Patch for Mixed Configurations" in Multibeast.
-Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3P
-i3 2105 @3.1ghz
-Gigabyte GTX 760 2gb

Updated to 10.8.4 yesterday and it looks fine....but I can't boot off the 10.8.4 drive. My backup drive with 10.8.2 and MB 5.2 will boot into the boot loader then I can boot off the 10.8.4 drive with no flags necessary....Strange.

Does anyone know what the issue could be ? am i supposed to be using a newer version of MB on 10.8.4?

Hello, Where is download of Mac OS X? Can you tell me please.

Hello All,

First off I'd like to say thanks to a wonderful community this is, and for getting my hackintosh running smoothly initially. I've run into the "no sound" problem after the 10.8.4 update and I've tried numerous methods to try and get it to work from reading through all the posts here with no success. However my initial install may have been a bit botched (read on). So let's me try to be as specific as possible to try and get a solution.

My system:
CPU: i7-3770 Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz
Mobo: Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H
Video Card: GTX650TI-O-1GD5

I downloaded the 10.8.4 update to my desktop, installed it. Then before rebooting, I ran the Mutli-Beast installer, however, instead of selecting the specific audio driver I needed (the 889 without-DSDT) I stupidly, just checked off the ENTIRE Audio box under the drivers in mutli-beast. MutliBeast did it's thing, and before I went to reboot I got this error message:

S999rSJ.png

So I rebooted hoping for the best. Of course the audio didn't work and now under my system preferences panel in the "other" category, there was a "Voodoo HDA" control menu that gives an error when clicked. This Voodoo control panel had never been on my computer previously when the audio worked fine, likely due to the fact that I'm assuming the voodoo drivers are the wrong drivers for my system.

Anyhow, I tried multiple things to remedy the solution like deleting the VoodooHDA.kext file, and then running Mutli-Beast and trying out a different combination of audio drivers mutliple times. I then re-installed the 10.8.4 update and even selected to re-install all the drivers from mutli-beast (not just audio) and still with no luck. Then finally I tried just selecting the single audio driver with the proper 889 without DSDT (like when I first installed OSX) verified disk permissions, crossed my fingers and rebooted for a 5th time and still with no luck. I still have no audio, and I still have the useless Voodoo HDA control menu. I'm really hoping there's someone who is clever enough to diagnose the issue and find a solution!

Hoping for the best guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back