Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
:( can only reboot in Safe Mode. It keeps getting stuck on the spinning wheel otherwise. With -f -v it hangs on utun1: attached with 0....

z77x-ud5h, i7 3770k, 15Gb, GeForce GTX 680 2048 MB

Updated using Combo.

Any advice?

Article: OS X 10.8.4 Update

Have since managed to get things back to pre patch with time machine but could not boot without unibeast usbdrive. Too frightened to reboot again for now.

ASUS P6T Del V2

Was a complete *khead and didn't bother reading the advice...just went ahead with update.

KP: VoodooHDA...

Then read everything :)

Booted to safe mode (-x)
Deleted /System/Library/Extensions/VoodooHDA.kext
Downloaded latest Multibeast and ran it
Updated VoodooHDA 0.2.1
Checked permissions but everything was ok
Rebooted...and everything is fine (except my bum after kicking myself!)

I can sleep and wake in 10.8.4
after updating, run multibeast and put back audio (ALC892)

Running smoothly on GA-H77N.

just did a combo update to 10.8.4 and used multibeast for ALC898 runs perfect on my Z77X-UD5H and i7-3770K...just wanted to ask...I am using a windows based Keyboard...only thing is that the command + Tab to toggle between applications in OSX Mountain Lion on the right side does not seem to function, for toggling only.The left command with tab to toggle works fine. Was working in 10.8.2 .The command ( windows) key on the keyboard seems to work for Command + save,only not toggling....ANYBODY EXPERIENCING THIS....

PLS LET ME KNW ....THANKS

Regarding the keyboard.... you might try going to System Preferences-->Keyboard-->Change Keyboard Type OR Modifier Keys

Same as previous update, I used combo update to update from 10.8.4 to 10.8.3. I had to run Multibeast so as to reinstall ALC887 to get sound working. Also, I had to update lastest Cuda driver from Nvidia. Then I had to repair permission by using Disk Utility. Everthing works fine now.

My System is,
CPU: Intel Core i7 3770
VGA: Gigabyte GT640
Mainboard: GA-Z77P-D3

Worked for me with combo update going from 10.8.2 with a couple of exceptions and a bonus.

Issue 1 - No sound after update - fixed with Multibeast 5.3.1
Issue 2 - Computer will not sleep on it's own as per settings in "Energy Saver". If I select the Apple icon and choose "sleep", the computer will sleep and wake no problem. If anyone knows how to fix this issue, I'd very much like to hear it.
Bonus 1 - USB 3.0 port now functional!

Thanks!

Running ML 10.8.4
GA-X58A-UD7 (1.0)
Core i7 920 2.83 Ghz
GeForce GTX 560Ti
16Gb HyperX RAM
120Gb Vertex 3 SSD
1Tb WD Black Sata3
Dual 23" Syncmasters

I'm on 10.8.3 and my USBs 3.0 have always worked. Everything is smooth for me up to date. I guess I won't update if no problems suddenly pop up? Or there is a significant performance improvement or something?

Like they say, if it ain't broken, don't fix it :shifty:

I'm on 10.8.3 and my USBs 3.0 have always worked. Everything is smooth for me up to date. I guess I won't update if no problems suddenly pop up? Or there is a significant performance improvement or something?

Like they say, if it ain't broken, don't fix it :shifty:

I upgraded from 10.8.2 and my USB 3.0 did not work on it neither did autosleep. After upgrade, I got USB 3.0 working which is great but autosleep still doesn't work which is a big PITA.

When I look up the assertions (pmset -g assertions in terminal). I get the following...

Assertion status system-wide:
PreventUserIdleDisplaySleep 0
PreventSystemSleep 0
PreventUserIdleSystemSleep 0
ExternalMedia 0
UserIsActive 0
ApplePushServiceTask 0
BackgroundTask 1

Listed by owning process:
pid 194(helpd): [0x0000000c00000160] 00:17:14 BackgroundTask named: "com.apple.helpd.sdmbuilding"

I can manually put computer to sleep and wake it up no problem. I downloaded "Please Sleep" app and it will go to sleep but computer freezes on wakeup with gray screen. If anyone has any other insite to the autosleep please PM or reply.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back