OS X 10.8.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Asus Sabertooth Z77 + EVGA FTW GTX 670 + Sandy Bridge i5
Updated via combo
- Re-enabled trim
- ALC 892
- Upgraded to Chimera 2.01

No problems, everything works, including dual monitors which I had significant problems with during my initial ML install. Cuda asked for an update as soon as I restarted.

Thanks again.

hello,
I've been harassing myself for the last 5/6 days to update my hack to update. I downloaded the combo updates from this site to avoid any issues as suggested. I tried the 10.8.3 first and it goes well, but as soon as I started to work the system hangs begin and whatever I tried with my limited knowledge (since I am a noob) nothing happens and the system hangs almost every minute. I then tried the 10.8.4 with multibeast 5.3.1. it seemed a little better but when I started video and photo editing using adobe suite the system started to hang. I then re-installed the OS freshly and this time with older version of multibeast 5.2.1. This seems to reduce the system hang frequency but it was still there. I use EasyBeast method as I'm afraid of flashing my bios. My mobo is GIGABYTE Z68-UD4-B3 with i7 2600K,16 gigs of Kingston 1333 RAM, PALIT GTS 450 1024 GDDR5 video card. It was very stable with 10.8.2 + multibeat 5.2.1. Without the hangs 10.8.4 seems to be a little faster when I open apps. etc. Maybe somebody out there can help me and specially our GURU tony may take up this issue as a special request from one of his fans and a noob of course as I'm having this luxury of using mac because of him.
Thanks.

Article: OS X 10.8.4 Update

Updated both systems using the combo update from Apple's website.

Had to reinstall audio and trim on both systems, otherwise everything else fine.

Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 / Asus P6T Deluxe

i7 2600k / i7 920

ASUS EAH 6850 / GeForce 9800 GT

This is a GA-Z77M-D3H with HD4000 graphics.
Updated via Appstore software update.
Got Kernel panic after reboot.
Removed AppleHDA.kext in S/L/E and after that everything works nice again.

Article: OS X 10.8.4 Update

Finally got around to it.

Worked nicely with just a small bump. Had to use 'GraphicsEnabler=No' at boot to install kexts for my graphics card.

Found updated kexts for the ATi I'm using too - www.osx86.net/view/3923-qe_ci_exotic_patch_mountain_lion_10.8.4_build_12e5.html

Cheers mate! This helped me.

Before I tried it like this:
1. install the updated 10.8.4 kexts for HD4850 (those kexts work with 10.8.3 without a problem)
2. install ComboUpdate.

This didn't work so I thought it had nothing to do with GraphicsEnabler... but i guess it did ;) Thanks again.

I had an ASUS GTX560Ti which was causing system freezes about once every 4 or 5 hours under 10.8.2, I upgraded to 10.8.4 and my system began freezing at least hourly. After trying to fix it using the latest NVIDIA web driver (313.01.02f01) without success I bit the bullet and went out and got a Gigabyte GTX660Ti. Once I installed it, reset GraphicsEnabler=No and PCI Root UID Fix in MultiBeast everything is stable and awesome.

As part of the upgrade in Multibeast I reinstalled the OpenCL Patch in Graphics and Realtek ALC898 Without DSDT in Audio.

So far have no trouble with sleep/wake. I previously updated org.chameleon.Boot.plist to include darkwake=0 in Kernal Flags which I believe helped.

I also manually added nvda_drv=1 to Kernal Flags, and have the NVIDIA Driver Manager installed, but I'm running the OS X Default Driver and haven't been brave enough/bothered to switch it to NVIDIA web drivers.

System has been running since yesterday, I slept it overnight, woke it, no issues 8hrs up time, lots of photo editing. Also no screen glitches and 11060 score in geekbench without any overclocking. Now it's finally stable I'm gonna post a full rundown in user builds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back