Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: OS X 10.8.4 Update

Having trouble with my sound after the 10.8.4 update. Had no issues before.

Have an X79 motherboard (Asus sabertooth). Any ideas? I've tried the multibeast default for ALC892, i've tried the interim ivy bridge solution from Toleda... neither work. I get device outputs... they just don't play sound. E.g., when I open up iTunes, it won't start playing the song....

Any ideas??

can you check if this works for you? i have not done the update yet but this is what i'm gonna do for the audio issue if ever i encounter it.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/74374-no-audio-10-8-2-sabretooth-x79.html

Article: OS X 10.8.4 Update

Updated via AppStore no problem at all.

z77mx d3h i7 3770 Samsung 830 ssd. Reinstalled trim as suggested.

Installed via Combo Standalone and all went great.. Reinstalled Audio.. no probs

However, did later come up against the 'Gigabyte Boot Slowdown' a few days later which freaked me out.. 4mins plus to boot..

After alot of anguish I eventually unplugged all USB connections except Logitec Keyboard & Wacom and bang back to 15sec boot, phew!

All OK now

Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H and Asus GTX 660. Everything went well. Did the installation from software update pop up.
Had to reinstall my ALC898 driver twice, and disk repair to have my audio back. :p

Hey All,

I used the App Store Update route and everything installed fine, the only update from multibeast I had to reapply was the audio update.

My build consists of the following:
Case - Corsair Obsidian Series 550D - Black Aluminum
Motherboard - GA-Z77X-UP5 TH
Processor - Intel i7-3770K
Memory - 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP
Drives - 2 x 500GB Samsung SSD's
Bluetooth - IOGEAR Bluetooth 4.0 Micro Adaptor
Video 1 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 with 27" Cinema Display
Video 2 - Intel HD4000 with a 24" Cinema Display via the thunderbolt connector
Ethernet - Built my own using a Mini pci-e to pci-e x1 adapter and a Broadcom mini pci-e card
Cooling - Zalman 9900 MAX Air Cooler
Power - Corsair HX750

Installed via App Store. Had to reinstall audio with Mulitbeast.

Gigabyte X58A-UD5-F6
i7-930

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back