Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: OS X 10.8.4 Update

Have you tried turning off the HD4000 in the BIOS?

Hmm I thought I disabled it... but now that I think about it I think that might be the issue XD. I'm going to tinker around with that today. Thanks for the reminder.

I installed from Apple System Update and rebooted my computer. Everything was working except audio which was OK after re-installing audio codec via Multi-Beast 5.3. I used my computer for several hours without any problem. Unfortunately, I shut down my computer last night and it would not boot into 10.8.4 this morning. I can get past Chimera v. 2 but after selecting my boot hard drive I get the grey Apple on grey background which switches to a black screen after a while. I can only boot using the usb drive I had used for installation. I updated the Cuda drivers as requested by the System Preferences. Is it possible to get my computer working again or will I have to wait until the Cuda driver is updated?

Thanks

Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3- GeForce-GT640

Did you ever get your computer to work again with 10.8.4. I have the identical symptoms, so I thought, maybe if someone provided a solution to you, it would work for me as well, even though I'm sure we have an entirely different rig configuration. Thanks.

Butchie52651

Tip: If you are using any kexts to get the TP-Link WN881ND to work, they do not work in 10.8.4.
Downgraded back to 10.8.2

not totally true
the kext I've edited for 10.8.0 works partially in 10.8.4
the one I've found with google for the specific chipset works perfectly and reports 10.8.x compatibility
I'm using it now
hope this help

not totally true
the kext I've edited for 10.8.0 works partially in 10.8.4
the one I've found with google for the specific chipset works perfectly and reports 10.8.x compatibility
I'm using it now
hope this help

combo update to 10.8.4 - like a charm

my rig:
ga-z77x-ud5h
i5 2500K@3,3 (running on 4,2 GHz)
GTX680 4GB OC

only had to reinstall audio realtek898 via MultiBeast 5.3.1 ... boots like normal ;)

wifi (atheros) works as usual with no drops
both firewire ports OK
both eth ports (intel & atheros) OK

cheers

My father installed 10.8.4 via the appstore by accident. Everything seemed fine on his first reboot except no sound. He ran Multibeast and selected "User/DSDT or DSDT-Free Installation" and the "Without DSDT/ALC889". Then rebooted. On reboot it would get past Chimera and then hang with a black screen. Running with -v or -s he can see that it gets a few Kernelcache messages then it just sits there and never continues. The odd part being that even with the Unibeast USB key now it seems to have the same issue, the USB shows up in Chimera but it won't boot. Windows 8 boots fine. Any ideas?

GA-Z77X-UD5H
i7-377K
GTX670
SanDisk XT240

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back