Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just installed Combo Update 10.8.3 on Sabertooth x79 i7 3930k Nvidia GTX 660TI - Everything works great!

Article: OS X 10.8.4 Update

What we know about 10.8.4 so far...

• OS X Build 12E55
  • 12.4.0 Darwin kernel
  • Updated NVIDIA and AMD graphics drivers

--------------------------------------------

Has anyone done a 8.4 fresh install yet using the updated AMD 7xxx series drivers without having to use kexts or FBRotate?

Ritey ..

Everything works fine on my Z77 DS3H and with HD7770.

-------------------------------------------

This was with an upgrade. On 8.3, were you having to use a kext or FBRotate to get past the white screen, and reenable them after the 8.4 update?

Ritey ..

Z68XP-UD3 + amd6850 hang on vtd[0] fault...... i need rollback to 10.8 AppleACPIPlatform ??? help me.

-----------------------------------------

This probably indicates the 8.4 update has no ATI 6xxx raw support.

Ritey ..

Please help! Everything works with 10.8.3.
Now there's no way to have audio on my Z77-DS3H rev 1.0!
There's no audio output device except for AirPlay.
I reinstalled more and more time ALC887 kext using multibeast 5.3.1 :(

hi manueliti, i had the same issue - i couldn't turn off airplay in itunes to just output to the built-in speakers ('Computer') even after reinstalling the audio driver. so i repaired permissions, reinstalled the audio driver again with latest MB, turned off my other airplay-enabled devices (Apple TV, MBP), and restarted the hackintosh. when it rebooted i was able to launch itunes and switch to 'computer' speakers as normal.

hope that helps.

install didnt increase my lux mark score for a 7970, but it did fix unigine benchmark. it can now run the "extreme" preset that was previously broken due to anti-aliasing/aa issue.

---------------------------------

Did you have to use a 7xxx kext or FBRotate to get past the white screen in 8.4?

Ritey ..

in this update both onboard and pci works at he same time, it will however wont booth with pci only when onboard is turned of. so i have to boot it using the dvi onboard while having the pci on hdmi , and then detach the dvi , awsome Asrock z77 extreme 4 , msi 660 ti .

Updated via app store on ga z77 up5 th w/ a 3770k and Gigabyte 7970 OC and no more white screen glitch on startup!

--------------------------------------------

That's good news. Are you still using a kext or FBRotate, or not having to use anything at all to get past the white screen on your 7970?

Tnx

Ritey ...

I did a clean install 10.8.4. All work fine, but when the system is loader, on desktop screen, the computer freezer for five minutes aprox. Later all work fine.
I have GA-H61M-D2H-USB3, ALC889 and GeForce 210.
Somebody knows what happens?
Thanks you very much!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back