Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: OS X 10.8.4 Update

As I have yet to build my hackintosh, I'm curious about how these updates go. Do I have to install each upgrade combo in order? or can I just install the latest one? I assume that if I have to install each one, It will be in some sort of order, right?

When you build your machine, you'll download an installer for Mountain Lion which will be up to date with whatever the latest version of the OS is at that time....so no, you won't need to install each update separately.

The audio driver when off, but I have an external card so no worries.
The GTX660 video card shows error about driver version not compatible but no problems with apple drivers.
The dsdt file worked for the HDMI audio

UP5TH

I installed and lost my audio. I reinstall Updated audio drivers
You will have to reinstall the Patched AppleHDA using MultiBeast before rebooting.
If you use VoodooHDA, you will not need to make any modifications
Updated storage drivers
If you use an SSD with Trim, Trim Enabler will need to be re-applied.

and it worked again .

Installed combo update, and reapplied audio and trim.
Would not restart, so I had to do hard restart.
Other than that, seems working just fine.

Ran Software Update and replaced AppleHDA.kext with old version. Everything seems to be working great on Gigabyte GA-H77N-WIFI with Core i3-3225 3.3 GHz Ivy Bridge Processor.

GA-X58A-UD3R-2.0 FH

I installed the Combo update and followed it directly afterwards (prior to reboot) with MultiBeast 5.3.1. Everything appears to be working just fine. Matter of fact, somehow I got my long-lost, desktop sleppy mode back - boy have I missed it!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Biostar G31-MD7 without problems, only appear a detail that causes me worries. The update I download it since apple official site, the version 3xx MB (not combo) but when I installed appear me a process rare called "wdhelper" chain complete "Process name wdhelper User root %CPU 0.0 Threads Real Memory 4.3 MB 2 Intel (64 bits)" Somebody know what does it process (wdhelper)???

P.S I'm sorry the english not is my principal language.

Working perfect on my GAP55MUD2 with 500 GB SSD. Just need to redo audio & Trim

Gigabyte Z77N-WIFI - i7-3770K 3.5GHz - 16GB Ram - EVGA GTX650 2048MB

10.8.3 > App Store update 10.8.4 > Reboot > Reinstall Audio Driver > Reboot

Everything just works.

Screen Shot 2013-06-05 at 9.34.39 PM.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back