Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gigabyte H61M-USB3-B3 (H61) with XFX ATI Radeon 6870. Was working perfectly with 10.8.3 but with the upgrade, my second monitor hooked via DVI gets a lower resolution 1600x900 vs the previous 2560x1440. Any help appreciated!

Article: OS X 10.8.4 Update

Any issues upgrading a system with a 6870 video card installed?

My only issue so far is that my second monitor hooked via DVI gets a lower resolution. I can't seem to be able to change it :(

After replacing my audio kext, and re-applying AppleACPIPlatform.kext (My ASUS board needs this every time after an update) it works just as good as 1.8.3
- ASUS P8Z77-V LK Board
- AMD Radeon HD 5770

I can't tell if the shutdown is any faster because usually I don't pay attention to that, but it does seem to be going a lot faster.

Article: OS X 10.8.4 Update

ARGH! I updated purely by accident through Software Update (was trying to update something else, didn't notice 10.8.4 in the list). Now it's totally screwed up my sound, I cannot get it back even if I reinstall ALC898, remake my DSDT, whatever. No output devices.
I had the same problem. Repairing permissions and re-running multibeast fixed my problems.

Combo update works great. I just made sure to run through multibeast again AFTER the install was complete, but BEFORE I clicked the "restart" button to finalize everything. I'm running a Gigabyte UD5H with an i5 3550k ivy bridge and a NVidia 9800GT.

Updated to 10.8.4 on Asus P8Z77-M + i7-3770. Applied ALC887(without DSDT) and Trim Enabler 10.8.3 before restart and everything works after restart.

Updated from app store and no problems, even audio still worked (I use Voodoo 0.2.7.3). No need to run Multibeast. Configuration: Asus P6T WS, 12GB ram, MSI GTX660, NEC USB 3.0 card.

Doesn't work (or at least not easily) from 1.8.2 to 1.8.4 with the Radeon HD 5450 and MSI P67A-C43. Everything but video is working. I had a ton of problems getting the video card working with 1.8.2 but managed to eventually get it working. There probably is a way to get it working again just not easily. I plan on getting a new card that's more compatible out of the box since this card is getting a little old and has never worked very well.

Updated on my system (Core i7 2600 - 8Gb - GA-H67MA-USB3-B3 - GeForce GTX 650 1024Mb) via AppStore.
Just need to reinstall Audio kext with DSDT using the latest Multibeast.
Everything is OK. The WebDriver for nVidia just not working, but who care? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back