Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Combo update also worked fine on my GA-Z77X-UP5 TH with HD4000 graphics. Just had to reinstall the ALC-898 audio drivers.

-bth

Having trouble with my sound after the 10.8.4 update. Had no issues before.

Have an X79 motherboard (Asus sabertooth). Any ideas? I've tried the multibeast default for ALC892, i've tried the interim ivy bridge solution from Toleda... neither work. I get device outputs... they just don't play sound. E.g., when I open up iTunes, it won't start playing the song....

Any ideas??

Installed via app store. 10.8.3 to 10.8.4 update. Dell XPS 8300 i7. Had to reinstall the Athros AR5B95 kext and wifi fix, but everything else came up and worked.

No problem with 10.8.4 update via Software Update on Gigabyte
GA-Z77X-UD5H with i7 3770K and Nvidia GTX660TI (Zotac).
Just had to roll back AppleHDA.kext from Multibeast and everything works great

Update via Software Update and everything is OK
GA-Z77X-UD5H, i7 3770 Ivy Bridge, GTX 660Ti (Zotac)
(installed software update, reboot, reinstalled audiorivers (multibeast: drivers: realtek: without dsdt: ALC898), reboot again, ready.
Everything works great

Updated, installed MB 5.3.1 before restart, restarted, no sound, reinstalled MB 5.3.1: perfect.
My MacPro tower (2008 version) also updated. After the restart the CUDA Preference Panel requested to update. It updated the CUDA driver immediately. Does that mean there's a CUDA driver for 10.8.4?

GA-Z77X-UP5-TH with i7-3770K + HD 4000 onboard
Corsair Vengence Ram, running at 2133 (CMZ8GX3M2X21339R), 8 gigs, 500 watt PC Power and Cooling PS
Seagate 1TB Solid State Hybrid Drive SATA 6Gbps 64MB Cache 2.5-Inch ST1000LM014

BitFenix Shinobi all white case, with window (all internal wiring loomed with white paracord)
Original clean install from Unibeast with downloaded 10.8.3, REQUIRED -X Terminal command argument
(safe mode) to boot to desktop for installation of Multibeast. The following Multibeast settings were used and installed:
UserDSDT or DSDT-free installation checked.
AUDIO DRIVER: WITHOUT DSDT: ALC898 checked.
DISK (3RD PARTY INTERNAL SATA) checked, Marvell 6g controller shows in System Information.
NETWORK:hnak's AppleIntel1000e Ethernet checked.
Customization: MacMini 6.2 checked.
Drive would not boot after Multibeast install because of 4k block error (Boot0 error)
Used Terminal command fix as noted by MacMan with one addition, (the word Volume), as directory
could not be found without this word be added to the terminal command, so that boot code
can be properly written to drive to allow unassisted booting.
Downloaded 10.8.4 combo updater from Apple's site. Did not check download's hash as I normally do,
just went for it. Installed, did not respond to reboot request after completion, opened Multibeast 5.3.1 and applied the
following again before I rebooted:
Same sound driver ALC898 without DSDT; did not check UserDSDT or DSDT-free installation.
Same 3rd party SATA driver (probably not needed.)
BTW added Trim patch 10.8.3 (I guess, also 10.8.4), as Windows drive, when added, will be Samsung 840 SSD with MacDrive installed
and Paragon's NTFS for Mac, will be added to 10.8.4, after Windows 7 Ultimate install on 840, is completed.
Nothing else. Upon reboot Chimera still displayed Mountain Lion 10.8.3 at bootup screen.
Rebooted perfectly and sound and network working perfectly. App Store works and Imessage.
Do not have a wifi card installed to test as of yet.
2nd reboot Chimera displayed 10.8.4.

updated through Software Update. Restarted no problem. Just had to reinstall audio drivers from Multibeast. All is good so far, including Messages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back