Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: OS X 10.8.4 Update

Relax. :thumbup: Download the latest MultiBeast and just load the audio driver.

Here's what I do for every update:
  1. Repair Permissions using the Disk Utility on the drive to be updated;*
  2. Run the Combo Update - don't reboot yet;
  3. Run MultiBeast to reload only the audio driver;
  4. Repair Permissions again;* and
  5. Reboot

* You can use the Terminal instead of Disk Utility if you feel comfortable with a UNIX command:
Code:
sudo diskutil repairPermissions /

Repair permissions, do you mean allowing all apps to run?? Not just apple and itunes apps?

Just updated my Acer Laptop 5750G with the software update from the App Store, the only thing that did not work out of the box after restart was Ethernet and Audio, re-installed the kexts and everything works fine after reboot. Having said that, I have my boot error back but that is a separate issue.. Off to fix that now.. Kext pack, DSDT etc available for who needs it.
Thanks Tony for all the good work.

2772873363.png

@Henry: I have Acer laptop 6920G with Lion running great and looking to try Mountain Lion (again)
How did you make the DSDT? Any tips or help would be appreciated.
I tried a long time ago but failed badly.
I really need to make one for mine hoping that I will finally have sleep (its the only thing not working)

finally did my x58 to 10.8.4
used the kiss concept(keep it simple stupid)
copied applehda(10.8.2)to desktop
did combo update (10.8.4)
used kext wizard to copy over applehda
repaired permissions
rebooted...all working.:thumbup:

I have a Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3, HD4000, I5 2500K. Update from combo update from 10.8.2 to 10.8.4. Only boot in safe mode, someone have an idea how to fix it ?

Thanks

There is no HDMI option to select. I know there was a selection when my sound was working. I just have no idea why it stopped working all of the sudden.

Follow the link in my last comment to enable HDMI audio. You cannot set HDMI audio through MultiBeast. You can only get standard audio working as the Apple update breaks the previous MultiBeast setting.

Follow that guide in the link and HDMI audio can be working again. :thumbup:

Adrian B

Follow the link in my last comment to enable HDMI audio. You cannot set HDMI audio through MultiBeast. You can only get standard audio working as the Apple update breaks the previous MultiBeast setting.

Follow that guide in the link and HDMI audio can be working again. :thumbup:

Adrian B

WOW! I am speechless! Of all the readings and searching you have saved me! Thank you so much for the help! I am new at hackintoshing and being my first build, I feel so much better about my investment! Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!

WOW! I am speechless! Of all the readings and searching you have saved me! Thank you so much for the help! I am new at hackintoshing and being my first build, I feel so much better about my investment! Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!

No problems :thumbup:

Adrian B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back