Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Derp

Yeah, I updated without realizing it and have lost my audio. Have subsequently tried rolling back the AppleHDA, installing the ALC892, installing the ALC8xxHDA AND ALC892 AND System Utilities, and none of those have restored sound at all. The only thing that has brought back any sound is installing the VoodooHDA, which also adds a very loud hiss that is worse than no sound at all.

I have an ASUS P8Z68-v Pro, Intel Core i7-2600K 3.4GHz 8 MB LGA1155 with Realtek ALC892 8 channel hi def codec. I'm going to see if Realtek (or Asus?) have any updated drivers that might help. Would appreciate any ideas. Thanks!

ETA: Was using a very old MB (a Snow Leopard edition). Upgraded to MB 5.3.1 but then accidentally used 5.2.1 anyway, and installed ALC892 without DSDT and it worked. If you are having trouble it might be worth making sure you are using the latest version of MB. Which I wasn't even after I thought I was paying attention but it seems to help to at least use the Mtn Lion version. My audio is now fine.

Yeah, I updated without realizing it and have lost my audio. Have subsequently tried rolling back the AppleHDA, installing the ALC892, installing the ALC8xxHDA AND ALC892 AND System Utilities, and none of those have restored sound at all. The only thing that has brought back any sound is installing the VoodooHDA, which also adds a very loud hiss that is worse than no sound at all.

I have an ASUS P8Z68-v Pro, Intel Core i7-2600K 3.4GHz 8 MB LGA1155 with Realtek ALC892 8 channel hi def codec. I'm going to see if Realtek (or Asus?) have any updated drivers that might help. Would appreciate any ideas. Thanks!

I had no issue with the 10.8.4 upgrade on my system. I did have to re-install the audio drivers using Multi-beast, as others have pointed out. I did throw caution to the wind and used the App Store update rather than the recommended combo update. I did do a full clone of my startup disk, just in case though.

--> John

Upgraded using the App Store Update, 10.8.3 -> 10.8.4 no problems, Asus P8H61-MX + G2020 + Inno3D GT640

I5 2500, Nvidia GT 610, Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H, kernel panic after reboot related to vodoohda, just deleted & reinstall, now work prefect.

CUDA drivers updated & working too, it seems like the system goes faster.

Article: OS X 10.8.4 Update

Any issues upgrading a system with a 6870 video card installed?

I use the 6870 on my Z68/Sandy Bridge build. No GPU problems with this update using combo installer. I installed with the 6870 enabled and driving my monitor. I had some boot loader issues but the 6870 was fine.

If any of you guys have a Fusion Drive setup...every time I update my system, I have to re-install Chimera, edit the smbios file (I use Chameleon Wizard) to establish a serial number, extract the boot, boot0 and boot1h from the Chimara package, and copy these to MBR and the Boot OS X partitions. This is the only way I know of to get Messages working and have a clean boot. I keep a USB stick with the Clover bootloader and a 10.8.2 build on a second USB stick in the drawer in case I have boot emergencies. Saved me a few times so far! As to the actual update, just re-installed Audio from Multibeast.

My system is Gigabyte P55a-UD3 core i5 with a gigabyte 250 gts video card and 10gb of ram. 10.8.4 update kills my system. :( I had a very difficult time getting 10.8.3 to work with my USB 3.0 external drive, had to use the unlocked vs. PXHCD kext (using kext beast) (the universal 3.0 kext doesnt work for me it kernal panics) to get it to finally run properly. when i try combo update to 10.8.4 i get just to the logonscreen, (After white spinning circle) and then the screen turns black, mouse pointer is abnormally big and then the screen turns blue, then nothing happens, no logon screen, no mouse pointer no nothing. safe boot is kernal panic or i get two color spinning wheels side by side with the white background, then the screen turns blue and shows nothing. I know this is an older system and up to 10.8.3 every update or change was flawless, minus the sound issue. any suggestions? Im running out, tried deleting kexts and removed the usb 3.0 drive, still same. something in 10.8.4 just dont like me. Its a good thing that i learned backing up (superduper rocks!). Ill prob just stick with 10.8.3 and call it good, been working on this since the update first came out at the beginning of the month... i was originally thinking it had something to do with the nvidia drivers, so i tried using the new nvidia driver and that was the same result. Maybe its time to toss the towel on this system and get to building a new one.. :)

Article: OS X 10.8.4 Update

wondering if the GTX Titan/780 is supported as well as the Haswell Z87 Chipest?

yes
it will support

Can't get update to work, I have the V option enabled on the boot loader, when I reboot the system it boots normal for a few seconds,
then hangs with the message, setting trust on different process. then tries to revoke the trust for the processes, the process are not
the same on each boot. I tried the combo update and the download from Apple with the same results.

Anyone have any suggestions?

I have an Asus P8Z77 Pro MB with 16Gb of ram, an Intel I5 3570K, an a AMD 6770 video card. The processor is not overclocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back