Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: OS X 10.8.4 Update

Works fine on my Ivy Bridge build! GA-Z77X-UP5 TH! :)

My GA-Z77X-UP5 TH didn't fair so well lost the use of my eSata port so currently unable to use Time Machine. Also seems to be a long delayed signal from the graphics card GTX 660 Ti 3072MB on startup so much that monitor shuts off, have to manually turn it back on.

I could not get audio to work for a frustrating few days on my GA G31-MX2.

I finally got it working by using Multibeast 4.4 with the options ALC8xxHDA + AppleHDA Rollback + non DSDT ALC888 checked.

I wish there was a repository with older versions somewhere on the net. I should never have got rid of previous versions.

There is a repository here on TonymacX86.

Don't know if this link will work for you or not: http://www.tonymacx86.com/downloads.php?do=cat&id=6

But it is in Downloads -> Tonymacx86 Downloads -> Archive -> MultiBeast Archive

Finally, I got my GA-EP45 updated from 10.8.1 to 10.8.4 using App Store by adding NullCPUPowerManagement and Easy Beast using MB 5.3.0.

Working fine on my old Core 2 Duo E7400, DG41RQ Motherboard, 2 GB DDR2 800MHz and ASUS GeForce 1 GB DDR3 EN SILENT

I need more RAM... Or maybe buy an processor, motherboard and memory updated...

i have the same motherboard and now it won't boot, only in safe mode.

I'm with you, i just did clean install 10.8.4 on same mobo and it would always hang in bootup, only way to get in was safe mode. I ended up just leaving audio drivers out and everything else works. So im just waiting for new audio drivers... any other ideas?

Gigabyte Z77-DS3H | Intel HD4000 graphics

Installed with 10.8.4 Combo Update > Reboot..

MultiBeast Reinstall of Realtek ALC887/888b (No DSDT - 100302 Current) + 10.8.3 Trim Patch > Reboot..

Everything works including iMessage btw- all good
smile_osx.png

i have same setup as you, z77 ds3h and i3 3225 so hd4000.

i had issues with my audio (or so i am thinking) doing clean install of 10.8.4.

You're saying yours works fine though? what revision of the mobo do you have? 1.0 or 1.1?

Last edited by a moderator:

Confirming that 10.8.4 installed okay on Lenovo Z580 i7. Awesome! :clap:

Just updated my Acer Laptop 5750G with the software update from the App Store, the only thing that did not work out of the box after restart was Ethernet and Audio, re-installed the kexts and everything works fine after reboot. Having said that, I have my boot error back but that is a separate issue.. Off to fix that now.. Kext pack, DSDT etc available for who needs it.
Thanks Tony for all the good work.

2772873363.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back