Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All
After installation mountain lion 10.8.3 boot only in safe mode!
Asus p8z77 Gtx 650 i7 3.41 ghz
any suggestions please?????

Article: OS X 10.8.3 Update

Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z Z68 1155 i5 GTX670

10.8.3 Success with the following steps:

On CCC drive first.
1. Cuda 5.0.45 install
2. Combo download 10.8.3
3. MultiBeast 5.2.1 (DSDT) Audio 889
4. Restart for 1st time....
5. Install http://groths.org/ TRIM enabler
6. Restart 2nd time...

Sound, and TRIM all working....So rince and repeat on real SSD drive...Same success. Before going right to in on real SSC I re CCC my drive and booted in to back up drive CCC that went back to 10.8.2 with no problem...

Direct update time 4min...Reading and testing on back up drive about 20X more time that actual install...I guess I am very conservative because I would hate to lose my Hack..

Do you have a DSDT for asus maximus iv extreme-z z68?

Just did the update, now I can only boot in safe mode. :(

Just did the update, now I can only boot in safe mode. :(

Help!

Also tried to update Cuda driver and it gets all the way through and then says "Installation Failed".

Great now I changed the profile in Multibeast and I can't boot at all. THIS SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kernel panic with this error:
panic(cpu 0 caller 0xffffff80000659301): "Unable to find driver for this platformL \"ACPI\".\n"@/SourceCache/xnu/xnu-2050.22.13/iokit/Kernel/IOPlatformExpert.cpp:1548

Please help me get my system back up and running. No recent backup...stupid stupid stupid...grr.......:(
(

Something strange and beautiful has happened. I installed ML 10.8.0, at first boot after the installation I have kernel panic but resolved it with safe mode -x flag and strangely I'm not encountering kernel panics afterwards. I updated to ML 10.8.3 without any problems, take note i haven't used easy beast but installed TRIM patch for 10.8.3 and audio. It seems my hackintosh is working fine but no HDMI audio and Power management, speed step and sleep not working. I'm thinking, is it ok not to install all the required patches because if I do I will have kernel panics. I'm really thinking if I will just leave it alone or patch away. What do you think guys? any advice what to and not to install. By the way my gtx-670 has native support with 10.8.3. I'm intend to use my hackintosh for web design and audio video prod.

My system: p8z77-v premium, 3770k cpu, gtx670, 16gb ram.

Finally got myself to perform the update to ML10.8.3. - just one HDAEnabler changed and everything worked like a charm again. Universal USB3.0 driver in the new Multibeast gets thumbs up from me, big time. Finally got USB3 to work on my machine. Thanks again to the community for compiling this fantastic work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back