Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: OS X 10.8.3 Update

HackintoshA5,
Boot is -x safe mode and delete (move to desktop) AppleTyMCEDriver.kext in System/Library/Extensions

Restart and pray to the hackintosh gods!

HackintoshA5,
Boot is -x safe mode and delete (move to desktop) AppleTyMCEDriver.kext in System/Library/Extensions

Restart and pray to the hackintosh gods!

Update: I had to rollback on AppleACPIPlatform.kext in safe mode

Now I just get a WHITE SCREEN with CURSOR...If I put PRESS POWER - it goes to SLEEP, I press POWER again PC turns on but nothing on screen (no input)

I haven't updated yet. I have a GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 based Hackintosh running 10.8.2. Anyone successfully update on a similar board?

I have. Everything was fine, but I lost my ability to manually sleep after about 2 days.

Anyone else have this problem?

Ga z77x up5 th, gtx 670, oc3 vertex 128gb ssd, bluetooth, downloaded updater, installed. rebooted, re-enabled trim. re-installed audio, everything seems to be working fine! woohoo!

Edit: Randomly sat down to the hack and noticed sound was not working, Restart fixed it but still this never happened under 10.8.2. Working solid since oct 25th last year, Ran Combo update then random issues with pinwheeling for a few seconds in between random tasks.

Judging by the 717 posts (so far) here, I'm sure I'm not the only one in this situation, but I'm done. I cannot upgrade my hack any further. I keep getting this on verbose boot, which is prevalent all over the site:

kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleRTC]: The Mach-O file is malformed: Invalid magic number: 0xbebafeca.
Can't load kext com.apple.driver.AppleRTC - link failed
etc.

I've searched this forum for reasons / solutions until my fingers turned blue. I've tried every possible solution I could find. Delete LegacyAppleRTC.kext. Use LegacyAppleRTC.kext and delete AppleRTC.kext. Patch AppleRTC.kext. Delete FakeSMC.kext. I can't deal with it anymore. I can't wait until I can afford to buy a real Mac again. I only did this hack because my employer provided PC with Windows 7 made me wretch. So I figured I'd try hacking it. It worked pretty good up until 10.8.2.

I've had to roll back using my USB Stick and I've got some kind of mixed up mess that has features of 10.8.1 and maybe 10.8.2. Fortunately, I had a cloned functioning SuperDuper backup (with the mixed up system on it) that I was able to restore. The Hackintosh was like a nice romance. Great while it lasted, but leaving you bitter and disappointed when it's over. If I was retired and had unlimited time, I'm sure I could eventually figure this out. But, when you've got to work for a living using a functioning machine, this is just too much of a time sink.

If anyone cares, the system is a off the shelf (I know, it's not a recommended build) Dell Optiplex 790 3.09Ghz Core i5 with 8GB and a, a GEforce 8400GS video board, SATA WD250 drive. I used Multibeast 5.2.1 post install (of 8.3) with the EasyBeast option. Good-bye tonymacx86.com. Thanks for the memories.

Judging by the 717 posts (so far) here, I'm sure I'm not the only one in this situation, but I'm done. I cannot upgrade my hack any further. I keep getting this on verbose boot, which is prevalent all over the site:

kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleRTC]: The Mach-O file is malformed: Invalid magic number: 0xbebafeca.
Can't load kext com.apple.driver.AppleRTC - link failed
etc.

I've searched this forum for reasons / solutions until my fingers turned blue. I've tried every possible solution I could find. Delete LegacyAppleRTC.kext. Use LegacyAppleRTC.kext and delete AppleRTC.kext. Patch AppleRTC.kext. Delete FakeSMC.kext. I can't deal with it anymore. I can't wait until I can afford to buy a real Mac again. I only did this hack because my employer provided PC with Windows 7 made me wretch. So I figured I'd try hacking it. It worked pretty good up until 10.8.2.

I've had to roll back using my USB Stick and I've got some kind of mixed up mess that has features of 10.8.1 and maybe 10.8.2. Fortunately, I had a cloned functioning SuperDuper backup (with the mixed up system on it) that I was able to restore. The Hackintosh was like a nice romance. Great while it lasted, but leaving you bitter and disappointed when it's over. If I was retired and had unlimited time, I'm sure I could eventually figure this out. But, when you've got to work for a living using a functioning machine, this is just too much of a time sink.

If anyone cares, the system is a off the shelf (I know, it's not a recommended build) Dell Optiplex 790 3.09Ghz Core i5 with 8GB and a, a GEforce 8400GS video board, SATA WD250 drive. I used Multibeast 5.2.1 post install (of 8.3) with the EasyBeast option. Good-bye tonymacx86.com. Thanks for the memories.

Well, my apologies to tonymacx86 and all its contributors and members. I guess I was having a temper tantrum. I decided with nothing to loose, I'd try the "Update Your Mountain Lion App to 10.8.3" method <http://www.tonymacx86.com/331-update-your-os-x-mountain-lion-app-10-8-3.html>. I created a 10.8.3 stick. There were lots of problems during the install. At first, couldn't even get the stick to boot. After stripping the system down by removing the video and firewire boards, using -v -x GraphicsEnabler=No, I was able to get to the install screen and install the OS on the system drive. I ran Multibeast with EasyBeast option. Still hung on AppleRTC.Kext along with other hangs, depending on startup options. The long and short of it is, in Multibeast (5.2.1) I finally stumbled upon "10.8.1 Rollback for AppleACPIPlatform.kext" under "Drivers & Bootloaders / Drivers / System". Since the description is"Replaces the current AppleACPIPlatform.kext in /System/Library/Extensions with the 10.8.1 version. Required on some non-Gigabyte motherboards," and I'm running a stock Dell system, I figured that might be the fix. It is. The system boots now. Since I had a working external SuperDuper! Backup, I used Migration assistant to restore and I'm back in Happy Hackintosh Land again. With a contrite attitude for my earlier irrational outburst, and as soon as I get a few bucks to spare, a contribution, I offer this explanation in the hope that perhaps it might help someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back