Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: OS X 10.8.3 Update

Update went smoothly. Went with the combo update, but probably could have gone through the app store. Z77X-UP5-TH, GTX 670, updated CUDA (though I don't know if I even use it with my system) before updating via combo, tried to patch audio and TRIM before restarting and the system hung after patch was successful. Restarted and update said restart was needed, so restarted again. No further issue. Groths server was busy, so I patched TRIM through the terminal via http://digitaldj.net/2011/07/21/trim-enabler-for-lion/. Everything is working smoothly. Not sure what the big advantages to the update are other than to be updated.

I noticed that you used the Trim enable procedure advocated by Grant Pannell. He is saying that there are problems with at least one other popular Trim Enabler. I saw that one of the other enablers has had a recent update which may change things. I am not knowledgeable enough to know who is right. They might all be OK methods now. I just suggest that folks look at the Grant Pannell posting that you referenced[I colored it bold red].

My update went fine but I have not been able to use Muitibeast 5.2.1 to update my audio because it always fails with error. Anyone have a fix for this?
Update: Well still can't get Muitibeat 5.2.1 to work but I did get the stand alone kext for my audio and also the enabler kext witch Muitibeat was not putting in I guess because it was not able to Finnish the install. But after putting both kext in the system via kextbeast all is well now.

I used combo update to update from 10.8.2 to 10.8.3. I had to run Multibeast so as to reinstall ALC887 to get sound working. Also, I had to update lastest Cuda driver from Nvidia. Then I had to repair permission by using Disk Utility. Everthing works fine now.

My System is,
CPU: Intel Core i7 3770
VGA: Gigabyte GT640
Mainboard: GA-Z77P-D3

DL'd combo update and everything is fine! i72600K, Z68XP UD5, and Dual GTX 570's! Had to MB the audio (non DSDT, ALC889) back into working order but that went smoothly first try. CUDA was updated before switch from 10.8.2 to 10.8.3.

Please guide me.

Dear All,

I am running my hakintosh Mountain lion 10.8.0 with 10.8.1 update. While I tried to upgrade to either 10.8.2 or 10.8.3 by downloading combo update (from http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1640) my system stop responding after installation. Than I re-install 10.8.0 to operate my system. I could not understand where I committed the mistake.

My system configuration:
Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V PRO
Processor: Intel core i5-3470 3.2Ghz
RAM: G.Skill RipjawsX DDR3 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) PC RAM (F3-12800CL10D-16GBXL)
Graphics: EVGA GeForce GT 640 2048MB GDDR3 Dual DVI, mHDMI Graphics Cards 02G-P4-2645-KR

NB: Once I open the multibeast and tried to install the combo update and after installation I switched to multibeast and installed all required drivers before combo updater re-booting. But that also not helps me to upgrade to 10.8.3. (I found it internet but forgot the link).

Please guide me to upgrade to 10.8.3.

Thanking you,
TPMAC

Dear all,

installed Combo Update and I'm only able to boot with -x

Booting with -v i do have this message and booting stops.

Any suggestions?

EDIT

disabling VT-d in BIOS did it

Attachments

• Foto.jpg
    Foto.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 165
I made the update and it's ok. Lenovo G470. I used Apple Store upgrade. After the upgrade I used -x for boot and re-install my old Lenovo Pack and all it's ok.

Dear Stork ,

Are you experiencing any restart issues with the UP5TH and 10.8.3 ... ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back