Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: OS X 10.8.3 Update

Hi all

Can anyone confirm this update works with GT 520 1Gb Ram ?

On 10.8.2 I had to installed patched OpenGL.framework,OpenCL.framework and PrivateFrameworks/GPUSupport.framework plus apply a patch to get OpenCL working.

Is this working same way or the new drivers included in 10.8.3 are working OOB on this GC ?

Thanks for your feedback

My scores dropped AFTER updating to today's NVIDIA CUDA update. Removed and scores went back up. This is on GTX-660TI

Just updated. Didn't check if built-in audio working (I'm using external DAC + built-in Apple LED Cinema 27" speakers). Other hardware seems to work OOB. My setup:
MB: GA-Z77X-UD5H-WB
CPU: Intel i7 3770k
Video: Asus HD 7970 or Gigabyte GTX670 (both are working)
32 Gb DDR3

Hi
After update 1.8.3, boot stuck in apple logo. Boot in safe mode (-x). I reinstall AppleACPIPlatform.kext 1.8.1, and problem solved, boot fine.
For the moment work like a charm.

MB: GA Z77x-D3H
I7 3770
16 GB RAM corsair Vengeance
120 GB SSD OCZ Agility 3
Nvidia gtx 560-TI

Hi you all. I have update to 10.8.3 but stuck at boot in the following line:

org.navi.OemSMBIOS(1.0)

i am using ATI hd 6870. If i boot with -F -x i can boot, but get only a white screen.

Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

Best.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/images/attach/jpg.gif

Attachments

• IMG_0221.jpg
    IMG_0221.jpg
    460.6 KB · Views: 124

Hi you all. I have update to 10.8.3 but stuck at boot in the following line:

org.navi.OemSMBIOS(1.0)

i am using ATI hd 6870. If i boot with -F -x i can boot, but get only a white screen.

Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

Best.

thats the oemsmbios.kext either in /S/L/E/Fakesmc.kext/Plugins folder or in /S/L/E
should be able to boot in through safe mode alone (-x), if not, delete through single user mode (-s).

most ppl had issue with it on the 10.8.2 update, so theres lots of info out there

Installed on a GA-Z77X-UP5TH with a homebrew fusion drive. After update I get's a error message that /mach_kernel can't be found.

As far as I can tell my fusion drive is seriously f-cked up.

I mounted the two drives in another hackintosh already upgraded 10.8.3 and it recognised them as as a faulty fusion drive (in red) in disk utility. I was given the option to repair which I did, and it promptly erased it :(

So right now I'm doing a reinstallation and are crossing my fingers that the timemachine copy has my important files.

I might have done something wrong and ar painfully aware that I shoud have made a better backup before getting started, but just want to warn You with fusion drives to get a good backup before You start the update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back