Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same problem here with CUDA. (Nvidia 610GT). Everything else is smooth :p

Article: OS X 10.8.3 Update

Same problem here with CUDA. (Nvidia 610GT). Everything else is smooth :p

I am using GTX 660 and I got stuck at SIOCPROTODETACH_IN6. Keyboard and mouse are responsive.

I found something wrong in 10.8.3
I run the soft opcloceanwave in 10.8.2 ,I can get 482 FPS . But only get 271 FPS in 10.8.3 .
then I run the soft luxMark in 10.8.2 to test my card . Its same as opencloceanwave . in 10.8.2 get 147 . in 10.8.3 get 97
Any one get the same problem?

after i update 10.8.3
in luxMark i get 711 in 10.8.2 i get 1190 (sala)
my card is gtx 670

GTX 670 luxmark score dropped to 700 from 1200 after update to 10.8.3
Cuda drivers does not help

Having the same issues with my 660 TI. Luxmark score dropped from 1055 in 10.8.2 to 656 in 10.8.3. Installed updated CUDA (which as expected didn't have a reffect on the openCL score).

Is this something we can expect to be fixed with the release of new NVidia Drivers for 10.8.3?

Updated my machine Asus Rampage II extreme, i7-920 and Zotac GTX 650 Ti to 10.8.3. I am Graphics Enabler = No and with installed CUDA driver from NVIDIA> Things you need to do to make it work.

0. Take a back up of AppleACPIPlatform.kext from 10.8.2 S/L/E before you upgrade
1. Install Combo 10.8.3. Restart. Will be slow.
2. Install NVIDIA combo update version cudadriver-5.0.45-macos.dmg from NVIDIA
3. copy AppleACPIPlatform.kext backed up earlier, to S/L/E

Everything seems to work perfect so far.

I tried using Multibeast 5.2.1 to do the AppleACPIPlatform rollback but did not seem to do its job. May be to look into for the next version upgrade for Multibeast

everything works fine........like a charm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in my ga-x58a-ud5 rev 2 bios FE
Tnx !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Updated my machine Asus Rampage II extreme, i7-920 and Zotac GTX 650 Ti to 10.8.3. I am Graphics Enabler = No and with installed CUDA driver from NVIDIA> Things you need to do to make it work.

0. Take a back up of AppleACPIPlatform.kext from 10.8.2 S/L/E before you upgrade
1. Install Combo 10.8.3. Restart. Will be slow.
2. Install NVIDIA combo update version cudadriver-5.0.45-macos.dmg from NVIDIA
3. copy AppleACPIPlatform.kext backed up earlier, to S/L/E

Everything seems to work perfect so far.

I tried using Multibeast 5.2.1 to do the AppleACPIPlatform rollback but did not seem to do its job. May be to look into for the next version upgrade for Multibeast

I doubt anyone needs more reassurance but my system (GA-Z77X-UD3H, i5 3570K, GTX 660ti) updated without a glitch through the Combo Update. It actually updated about 3 times faster than my MBP and slightly more smooth as well. I have yet to get sound working so I didn't lose that but like others I use Chameleon SSD optimizer to TRIM.

P.S. If you know of how to get audio on this board, the info would be greatly appreciated!

System refuses to boot after using multi beast 5.2.1 after 10.8.3 upgrade.
Offending item, fakesmc.kext
System P55MU2 with GT 640 graphics card.
Recovered by booting from USB stick 10.8.2 and removing FakeSMC.kext from /System/Library/Extensions.
Reboot via usb cimera, HD version did not work.
Re-ran MB 5.2.0 with UserDST to reset config, followed by a rerun of MB with GraphicsEnabler=NO option. ( could edit the plist, but to lazy)
System still does not work using bootloader on HD, had to use USB installer stick to get the system up.
Turned out that the /Extra directory had all kinds of left over stuff from ancient times. The newer boot loader does not seem to like this.
Would it be an option that when a new bootloader is installed via MB old not supported stuff is deleted form this directory?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back