Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: OS X 10.8.3 Update

Updated from AppStore, works fine! :)

Hi,
what about audio - does it work properly? I did upgrade from appstore and lost audio...

Ati 7650M in Probook 4540s will work with 10.8.3 ? :)

I just updated and I now have no audio... Internal speakers or headphones are no longer listed under external devices -_-

GA-z68mx-ud2h-b3, amd XfX 6870 1gb, 8 Gb 1600 corsair , spin ball after apple logo screen ? combo update..
graphics card removed, still the same, how do i get in please.. how do i get into safe mode? thnx doh

i72600k oc to 4.01

i didnt run multibeast after update...

i went to load via another rescue partition but it loaded the duff one, i then installed multibeast and appleACPIplatform, and all back to normal.

novabench before update was 1334, after update 1508
:)

If I boot with verbose, I see this:

Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist] 478 bytes.
Loading Darwin 10.8
Loading kernel mach_kernel
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/mach_kernel] 4096 bytes
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/mach_kernel] 8187856 bytes

And that's it.

Although having slightly different hardware, I have the exact same situation here. It seems I am back to the old chimera instead of chimera 2.0.1 which I installed some days ago. Any ideas?

GA-H77N-WIFI, i5 3570K, HD4000, 8GB, 10.8.2, using MacPro 3,1 definition. Install combo update, reboot, everything seems to work fine, except sound. Ran MB and install the Realtek Audio driver without DSDT. So far everything is working as before.

Odd that they would leave out the 7850, which is the current price/performance king.

I was really hoping for the 7850 support. First CustomMac builds for fun while upgrading from I7 940/3770k and I3 540/I5 3770k . Hopefully somebody figures it out soon before I shell out cash for GTX 670 or 660 Ti.

As a general status update I have a 7870, using the usb w/unibeast and flags GraphicsEnabler=No my system boots with 10.8.3 but where there is normally the brushed metal start screen is all white with just the cursor visible. I have tried logging in (interesting to try and find the password box w/just the mouse and memory) and the screen still remains all white with just the cursor visible.

''Updated audio drivers

You will have to reinstall the Patched AppleHDA using MultiBeast before rebooting.
If you use VoodooHDA, you will not need to make any modifications''

For all VoodoHDA users: AppleHDA is back and You will have KP at boot. If You have Linux live CD (or something similar), go to Extensions and backup then delete AppleHDA.kext.

Otherwise You won't be able to boot the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back