Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
z77 sabertooth - Updated through the App Store, reinstalled audio but I have still have no audio. Intel HDA and all it's ports listed in System Information, but not under Devices.

Article: OS X 10.8.3 Update

z77 sabertooth - Updated through the App Store, reinstalled audio but I have still have no audio. Intel HDA and all it's ports listed in System Information, but not under Devices.

What Intel HDA are you referring to? We only have Realtek ALC8xx in Multibeast.

I updated my HTPC through the App Store with not problems except with the Audio. I tried to run latest MB to reinstall audio drivers but still had no audio. So I manually removed the AppleHDA.kext and HDAEnabler1.kext, reinstalled MB Realtek drivers, repaired permissions, rebooted and it is all good now.

One other thing I noticed is that my About This Mac reads the HD4000 gpu as having 512MB instead of the lower amount it was reporting before (I only have one stick of 4GB ram in).

Thank you guys and gals!

Alright, just ran the Combo Update 10.8.3, used MultiBeast to re-install TRIM Enabler, re-installed my VT2021 VoodooHDA kexts, repaired permissions on my OSX SSD... Crossed my fingers and pressed 'Reboot'...and voila! Rebooted like a charm using Chimera and working just fine...so no problems here whatsoever! Now will try and see if my sleep issues with my GTX 660 TI are finally over....That would really be the icing on the cake...;-)

GA-Z77-DS3H/i3 - 3225. Installed with Software Update. Other than Trim Support, no problems of any kind -- I use the iMic for audio...

Installed the Combo Update, re-installed the TRIM Enabler using MultiBeast, re-installed my VT2021 Audio kexts, repaired permissions on my OSX boot drive, crossed my fingers and pressed 'Reboot'. And VOILA! It booted using my Chimera bootloader in a flash without any problem, audio works, etc. But best of all: finally I've got sleep and wake working with my GTX 660TI.... Life is good... ;-)

Updated through Software Update (Appstore). Had to boot with -x first time and run MultiBeast. Reinstall AppleACPIPlatform Rollback (10.8.1.) and Realtek Audio. Also TRIM has to be enabled again (Groths). All's well now and running 100% again!

Any solution for slow boot up in osx 10.8.2 yet

Mac Mini Deluxe (z77n)
GTX 670
Samsung SSD 830

used direct update

had to reinstall alc892
Trim got lost - used trim enabler

everthing works perfect again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back