Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: OS X 10.8.3 Update

Installed 10.8.3 and it should work out of box. I set it to be my primary display in the BIOS. Nada. Works for other people.

I've had this card for three months and I thought this update would be it (The drivers come presintalled!!!)

What am I doing wrong? I'm ready to give up.

Trim enabler:
Make backup first :

sudo cp -r /System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext/ /System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOAHCIBlockStorage.BACKUP

Later the patch :

sudo perl -pi -e 's|(\x52\x6F\x74\x61\x74\x69\x6F\x6E\x61\x6C\x00{1,20})[^\x00]{9}(\x00{1,20}\x54)|$1\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00$2|sg' /System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext/Contents/MacOS/IOAHCIBlockStorage

sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel
sudo kextcache -system-caches

The GTX 650 ti is no longer recognized as a 650 ti. Installing the nvidia drivers does not help, and their are also problems with CUDA under system preferences saying its outdated.

The GTX 650 ti is no longer recognized as a 650 ti. Installing the nvidia drivers does not help, and their are also problems with CUDA under system prefe saying its outdated.

broke USB 3.0 and audio on ASUS P6X58-EPRO.

Broke Audio and USB3 on Asus P6X58-EPro

Done! and 100% working!...im going to check the apps... HURRAY!

Just updated all went fine.

Article: OS X 10.8.3 Update

:D:D:D Thanks so much! Now it's working. Now I will try to uninstall the nvidia drivers and try to install my card back.

So, I removed the GTX 660ti and now OSX is booting properly. Tried to remove all NVIDIA files from S/L/E and used Kext Utility to repair permissions, installed the GTX 660ti again and got the same error. Still trying to figure what to do now...:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back