Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: OS X 10.8.3 Update

Update went flawless for me. I made a Carbon Copy backup first, then ran the combo updater. Before restarting, I ran Multibeast to re-install the Lnx2Mac ethernet driver. Crossed my fingers, made a wish, and rebooted... It came up perfectly first time. It seemed to me like it booted from the Apple logo to the login screen really fast, maybe I was imagining it. Anyway everything works fine - iMessage, App Store, iTunes, firewire audio interface.

I notice a bunch of people have this problem but none with my graphics card so I have a Radeon HD7950 and an ASUS p8z77-v using clover and I get this error: "Debugger called: </SourceCache/GraphicsDrivers/GraphicsDriver-8.10.44/Common/IONDRV/Intel/IVB/AppleIntelFramebuffer/AppleIntelController.cpp:12351 Assertion failed: (0 == i) || ((pfbInfo->rangeStolen.phyBase - pfbInfoPrev->rangeSt

Im wondering how I would go about fixing it

I notice a lot of people with this problem but not the same hardware I have an ASIS p8z77 and a Radeon HD7950 when I boot using clover and GraphicsInjection I get this error:
Debugger called: </SourceCache/GraphicsDrivers/GraphicsDriver-8.10.44/Common/IONDRV/Intel/IVB/AppleIntelFramebuffer/AppleIntelController.cpp:12351 Assertion failed: (0 == i) || ((pfbInfo->rangeStolen.phyBase - pfbInfoPrev->rangeSt

The long and short of it is, in Multibeast (5.2.1) I finally stumbled upon "10.8.1 Rollback for AppleACPIPlatform.kext" under "Drivers & Bootloaders / Drivers / System". Since the description is"Replaces the current AppleACPIPlatform.kext in /System/Library/Extensions with the 10.8.1 version. Required on some non-Gigabyte motherboards,"

Thanks for posting your follow-up! I've got the same Optiplex 790 and this saved my butt.

Thanks for posting your follow-up! I've got the same Optiplex 790 and this saved my butt.
Ivan - I'm happy to have been able to help prevent the need for you to become Pistoff about this!

I've also been able to install "FakeSMC plugins" including the HWMonitor Application in spite of all the warnings and the problems that had been reported by others. Along with NullCPUPowerManagement, this appears to have solved the problem of the system fans running at maximum. HWMonitor shows the CPU, Disk and other temperatures and they all seem to be staying within a safe range. If you're interested they are in Drivers & Bootloaders, Drivers, Miscellaneous, FakeSMC Plugins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back