Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: OS X 10.8.3 Update

Updated to 10.8.3 used the same protocol as 10.8.2. Apples Nvidia drivers finally work!

Hello, I have update my hackintosh 10.8.2 to 10.8.3,
but when i reboot i can't use laptop keyboard and mouse, and usb keyboard and mouse too.
Any help please ?

Hi, i have problem, my Zotac 9500 gt gb... updated 10.8.3 not work, works with 10.8.2 using NVenabler64.kext, DVI and HDMI works perfect,

after loading apple... the screen black no signal.

I used flags: GraphicsEnabler=No and PCIRootUID=1 :( no results

I have Chimera 2.0.1

can you help me?

Thks!

For Fermi users, remember to re-edit your AGPM as the update replaces it.

System:
Asus P8P67M
3570K @ 4,2GHz
Kingston SSD
ATI HD4850 512MB dual DVI by Gigabyte
DUAL 19' monitor setup
Airport WiFi
Ivy Bridge SSDT with macmini 6,2 smbios definition

After Combo Update system hanged ages. There was something about ACPI stuff, sending kill signals etc. Didn't really care - sorry.

Reinstalled 10.8.2 with unibeast stick -> reboot
Booted 10.8.2 with usb stick
Download and install combo update to 10.8.3 ->
Booted 10.8.3 with usb stick
Install Multibeast with DSDT + audio, ethernet, hwmonitor, TRIM -> reboot
Booted with chimera
Downloaded and installed QE_CI exotic package for 10.8.3 + chameleon wizard SMBios set to macmini 6,2 + Ivy Bridge SSDT for overclocking + TRIM enabler from groths because multibeast didn't work-> reboot
Everything works: speedstep, overclock, sleep, wake, auto-sleep, imessage, facetime, icloud, appstore, DUAL MONITORS

Hello I have your same MB P8P67-M processor i5 gforce 460gtx the system is running osx 10.8.2 with all the problems come when istallo the 10.8.3 combo reboot the system hangs NTFS-fs warning as it did to install can you pass the driver for the mb or the dsdt.
thanks

Ok,
I have now successfully upgraded to 10.8.3 but there were some tweaks required. I have a Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5-TH motherboard with an inter i3770k CPU. I have a GTX 660 TI graphics card. I had been running 10.8.2 with no problems. I had used Mulitbeast 5.1.1 to install my system and had manually added Chimera 2.0.1 bootloader to get iMessages working. So I had downloaded the combo update to 10.8.3 and ran it. I was able to install it and reboot successfully. However I had no sound. I tried to run Multibeast 5.2.1 and when the system came back I had sound but no Ethernet. Any attempt to boot after running Multibeast again failed. After several tries, I restored my system from time machine and tried again again at a later time. I started off with just using a cloned disk and running Multibeast with my original settings. When I did this, my boot hanged. I used the -x -v boot flags and saw the following output:

Read HFS+ file" [hd(0,2)/System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist] 478 bytes.
Loading Darwin 10.8
Loading Kernel mach_kernel
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/mach_kernel] 4096 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/mach_kernel] 8188064 bytes.

and then the boot hung

So Restored my system from the cloned disk but added the step of running the Chimera 2.0.1 install after running MultiBeast. This time the system was able to boot and had sound but not Ethernet. I tried both Multibeast 5.1.1 and 5.2.1 in this scenario and got the same results. I then went the Hnak Intel e1000 website and followed the links to the lasted Ethernet drivers on SourceForge. I restored my cloned drive again and this time went with the following process:

install the 10.8.3 combo update and reboot
run Multibeast 5.2.1
run Chimera 2.0.1 installer
run Kext Utility and install the lastest hnak intel e1000 drivers (2.2.14) http://sourceforge.net/projects/osx86drivers/files/Kext/
Reboot
Sucess!!!

Lots of good tips in this thread. Thanks to all who have posted!

Thanks!
Dave

I haven't updated yet. I have a GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 based Hackintosh running 10.8.2. Anyone successfully update on a similar board?

Hello, I have update my hackintosh 10.8.2 to 10.8.3,
but when i reboot i can't use laptop keyboard and mouse, and usb keyboard and mouse too.
Any help please ?

There are quite some issues with USB on 10.8.3. I just installed my first hackintosh being 10.8.3 and currently my DVDburner/player can't be mounted (google mentions a lot of complaints) and FAT32 and NTFS USB sticks/SDcards are no longer recognized (also a lot of messages on Google). However, my HFS+ USB sticks are recognized (Yeah, I've got quite a lot of these sticks containing all kind of live/repair OSes).

I have the same issues (otherwise I wouldn't search google): I can boot from CD/DVD and from USB stick FAT32 and/or NTFS, but once OS X has been loaded, I can no longer mount USB FAT32/NTFS or CD/DVD. (And I mean auto-mount or manual mount from Disk Utility).
I didn't find anything for yet to solve this USB issue.
And for complete verification: All mentioned disks/sticks/SDcards function on my old (real) 10.6.8 MacBook Pro.

MK500,

Ethernet, Audio works with a DSDT from Darfweder's forum post here - http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...z77a-g45-i5-3570k-16gb-hd4000.html#post496634

Then when I update to 10.8.3, I can only boot into OSX when I am in Safe mode. I followed your instructions to a tee including removing the ATI7000Controller.kext and reinstalling the Kext and installing the boot loader along with a FAT partition.

Here is my Verbose screen - please help( been working on this for 4 hours now)

photo.JPG

I can boot into safe mode but I cannot boot using -f - maybe there is another KEXT that is not compatible with 10.8.3 - maybe the ethernet drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back