Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.2 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: OS X 10.8.2 Update

Mine just stops att the white screen with the Apple logo. I use GraphicsEnabler=No usually, but i cant set it to No as my keyboard does not work in the MultiBeast boot screen (Works in Bios though).

What to do? Please help :(

Normally only USB keyboards are recognized. You can add support for PS2 using Multibeast later... So, borrow a USB keyboard and see if that fixes it.

....Now, has anyone with the same 'white-screen-with-cursor-only-when-in-safe-mode' problem figured a solution for us with Radeon 6xxx graphics other than Intel 3000 graphics?

I just quit upgrading to 10.8.2. Looks like that tonymac has abandoned ATI cards users.

I just quit upgrading to 10.8.2. Looks like that tonymac has abandoned ATI cards users.
Tonymac hasn't abandoned it, Apple has lol
As you can see Apple has brought back nVidia support with ML and that's about it. So much for all those 7XXX cards.

I have a laptop model ASUS N80Vb, can install mountain lion?. thanks

HELP! I am still unable to update to 10.8.2 from 10.8. When I boot single user I am able to exit into the system, but as soon as I do my monitors act as if they are not connected. I was able to VNC into my system, and I saw in the system information that my video card (NV Geforce 460) was not properly recognized. My MB (GB P67A-UD7) doesnt have any video out, and Im no longer able to VNC in. I tried to installed the updated NVidia drivers, GraphicsEnabler=No, kexts from another post, but nothing works:banghead:. Thanks in advance for any help:thumbup:!!!

I booted into safe mode and deleted the OemSMBIOS.kext, but it still will not boot properly. So I went back into safe mode and ran MultiBeast 5.0.2 and reinstall the boot loader. That fixed my boot issue after upgrading to 10.8.2!

I downloaded the combo update, installed, rebooted but couldn't boot into the OS even with -x.

After rebooting with -v the booting stopped at the loading of the Nvidia driver (for 10.8.1). Restored the computer with Time Machine to 10.8 and removed the Nvidia driver with the Nvidia's restore package (included in the driver).

Installed the combo update again and got a nice kernel panic.
Got tired, downloaded 10.8.2 from Apple Store, nstalled it on my flash drive using Unibeast, installed the OS on my machine and success. The latest Multibeast on that and I got sound and everything else was working. Sometimes getting tired of the computer can help you. :)

I have an Asus Sabertooth P67 and a Nvidia Geforce GTX 580.

Installed iTunes and 10.8.2 updates. Perfect...Now...Multibeast update is next. So far I've only been able to use optical out on the board which measn (in OSXez) the Hackintosh has no control of audio with speaker out controls.
Once again into the Fray.
Carbon Copy Cloner (the latest release) is your friend. Clone the SSD first, start up the cloned SSD with a Flash drive, install Multibeast and then change Multibeast. No point ion losing a lot of work!

Damn this is fast....

Cloned to my spare SSD then updated with MultiBeast 5.1.2 added the new audio drivers (Realtek889), updated VMware and my copy of Windows 7. Everything is perfect. System info shows all the sound preferences. I chose a MacPro early 2008 identity. So far I have not overclocked the system but that may be next!

Loaded up Final Cut Pro X and copied over a 25 gig event to test render speeds. Again, at least twice as fast as my MacPro tower 2008 model. That's no mean feat since the Mac is a dual CPU, 8 Core and a very stable and reliable machine. Located a hack for my Hackintosh which allows photoshop Mercury playback to render. Google VidMuze and you'll find it.

All in all a terrific experience. Thanks to all!

I had a fresh install of 10.8.2 on a z68x-ud3h-b3 (F12bios) with sleep and everything working fine using the MB Slice fakesmc's. I tried Kozleks FakeSMCs becuase SLice's fakeSMC wouldnt show my CPU voltage. Kozleks shows my CPU voltage and alot of other stats which is great, but now sleep is broken. Anyone know how to fix this? or know what part of the slice fakesmc made sleep work or what part of kozleks fake SMC broke sleep?

Have you found a solution to your no wake problem? I have the same mobo and issue as well. If you have fixed it I'd love to know what you did. Thanks.

White apple screen with infinite spinning whel. I deleted
OemSmbios.kext but the same. Set in bios first graphics onboard not PCIe and 512 Mb (was 1024) and running fine.

God bless you, i was stuck 2 hours after update to 10.8.2, trying and trying different way, you right deleting the ****ing oemSmbios.kext is the good way, after deleting this file i get boot again. Thank a million for this.
Warning :
My board is Gigabyte z68xp and F6 bios and i3770. But i boot only with a DSDT enable, without DSDT there is no boot with this hardware config for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back