Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.2 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
so i don't know what i'm doing wrong. after updating from 10.8.1 to 10.8.2, i ran multibeast checked rolled back AppleACPIPlatform and deleted OemSMBIOS.kext. yet i still can't boot. i tried to boot under safe mode, as well as with the boot flag PCIRootUID=0 (it's helped me in the past) but to no avail. luckily i made a test partition to work these bugs out before updating my main partition. i've learned my lesson many times via the hard way haha. anyways, here's a screenshot after i booted with -v. any help will be greatly appreciated and let me know if you need any more info from me. thanks!

System
Dell Inspiron 580 dh57m02 H57CPU
3.06 GHz Intel Core i3-540Graphics
EVGA GeForce 610
photo-3.jpg

Article: OS X 10.8.2 Update

I didn't use the installer provided by the package. I used Kext Utility (http://cvad-mac.narod2.ru/Kext_Utility) which also repairs permissions and rebuilds your caches after installing a kext. First of all I reinstalled the vanilla AppleACPIPlatform.kext from 10.8.2 by pulling the file onto Kext Utility window and waited for the tool to finish its magic. After that I installed the kexts from the binaries folder of the ZIP-File the same way.

- ACPISensors.kext
- CPUSensors.kext
- FakeSMC.kext
- GPUSensors.kext
- MotherboardSensors.kext

Now everything works perfect, even with VT-d enabled. As I said I'm using a DSDT-Installation. If you use a DSDT-free Installation, there may be a different solution.

Unfortunately, didn't work for me. Even with kozlek's FakeSMC branch, boot still hung with 10.8.2 AppleACPIPlatform.kext if vt-d is enabled in BIOS. I still need to rollback to the previous version of the ACPI kext for this to work (FYI I ended up keeping kozlek's FakeSMC anyway, as I like its version of HWMonitor apps) Yes, I am running on a DSDT-less build (GA-Z77X-UP5 TH) and hence the different result perhaps...

You are going to have to re-install the working ATI kexts from Lion to Mountain Lion using kextbeast. These are: ATI6000controller.kext, ATISupport.kext and ATIFramebuffer.kext in S/L/E. The update installed new drivers that do not work. How to do this: Three ways: First: Boot your Unibeast USB stick using -s flag and when you get stuck, try typing "exit" once or twice to see if that gets you to a screen where you can replace the kexts. Second: Remove your ATI video board and run a cheap supported card to get to your desktop. I use an Nvidia GT440 for this purpose. Then replace the kexts, re-install your ATI and good to go. Third is to boot your Unibeast USB with -s option which should work since it has the old Mountain Lion or Lion with your old kexts that were working. Re-install the update and before rebooting, update the kexts. When you are back at desktop, download the 10.8.2 combo update, install, do not reboot, update the ATI kexts again and run Multibeast and good to go

Hi
I'm using the original KEXT ATI 6000 controller 8.0.6.1 in the ML 10.8.2 , with my hd6850 is working with no problem included i use intel hd4000 with thunderbolt display and Graphic enabler= yes
My mobo is GA-UP4TH 3770s 16gb ram hd6850 2 hd 1tb each one with win8 and ML 10.8.2 all is working except for the 4 usb port on the back
thank you to everyone is working on too improve the compatibility

Attachments

• DSC_1614 Panorama copy.jpg
    DSC_1614 Panorama copy.jpg
    223.8 KB · Views: 163
upgrade to version 10.8.2 been successful no problem after upgrade....!! ooyes perfect

Great~ Thank you.
It fix all my issue on GA-Z77X-UP4 TH/ i7-3770/ AMD Radeon HD 6780。
Now I don't need to remove OemSMBIOS.kext and I can turn VT-d ON in BIOS setting. Everything works well as before after update to 10.8.2.

Can you PLEASE repost link, seems to be broken. I have this exact problem and nothing else has come close to helping. By the way, what is VT-d and where in the bios is it, I can't find it anywhere??? Much thanks.
Total Noob

FOR THOSE WITH RADEON 6XXX SERIES CARDS, BELOW IS THE FIX FOR THE UPDATE (MAC APP STORE OR COMBO UPDATE). I did NOT have OEMSMBios installed via the FakeSMC hardware monitor/tool. (I have the Gigabyte Radeon HD 6850 1GB OC)

After a few days of searching and reading various posts to the 10.8.2 update I successfully updated via the Mac App Store and then fixed the grey screen and spinning wheel issue plaguing so many of us. While I cannot narrow it down to EXACTLY one kext, I came up with replacing two.

1. Copy AppleACPIPlatform.kext and ATI6000Controller.kext from your 10.8.1 /System/Library/Extensions folder.

2. Put either in an email/online repository or place on another drive NOT connected via USB to access from updated Hack while in Safe Mode (USB drives do not work in safe mode)

3. Install update via Mac App Store or Combo Update.

4. Following restart, stop Hack at boot loader screen and enter -x as boot flag on updated drive (enters safe mode).

Important, if still using graphics card and not MOBO graphics to install, safe mode will result in white screen and cursor.

5. Put computer to sleep (press power halfway on most cases), wait about 10 seconds, wake Hack back up (again pressing power button halfway).

6. Place the two kexts (mentioned above and attached to post) on desktop and run KextBeast.

7. Go to disk utility and repair permissions on your 10.8.2 drive and restart.

8. Hack should be good to go!!!

Great thx, that worked on my build.
Updated from 10.8 to 10.8.2, all went like you described.

Newbie needing help. I updated to 10.8.2 and now all I get is the apple logo. I tried going in to safe mode -x but the same thing. I tried loading from the original USB but the same thing. What else can I try? I am using asus p7p55d motherboard and nvidia gt610 graphics, i5. I have tried PCIRootUID=0 and still no luck. Run it with -v screen shoot attached taking with my phone.

Ok i have plugged in my old ATI graphics card and it works. I take it it does not work on nvidia cards, which is a shame as i just bought the nvidia card so i could use duel screen. Is there a kext i can use to get the card working?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 132

so i don't know what i'm doing wrong. after updating from 10.8.1 to 10.8.2, i ran multibeast checked rolled back AppleACPIPlatform and deleted OemSMBIOS.kext. yet i still can't boot. i tried to boot under safe mode, as well as with the boot flag PCIRootUID=0 (it's helped me in the past) but to no avail. luckily i made a test partition to work these bugs out before updating my main partition. i've learned my lesson many times via the hard way haha. anyways, here's a screenshot after i booted with -v. any help will be greatly appreciated and let me know if you need any more info from me. thanks!

System
Dell Inspiron 580 dh57m02 H57CPU
3.06 GHz Intel Core i3-540Graphics
EVGA GeForce 610

so i finally got it to work. turns out my video card (nvidia gt610) isn't compatible with 10.8.2 right away. you have to edit the info.plist file and add your device id. here's the link that has all the info. hope that can help those with the same video card as mine.

so i finally got it to work. turns out my video card (nvidia gt610) isn't compatible with 10.8.2 right away. you have to edit the info.plist file and add your device id. here's the link that has all the info. hope that can help those with the same video card as mine.
As of Mountain Lion 10.8.x you DO NOT have to add device ID's for NVIDIA cards in the info.plist. It is coded to support any NVIDIA device ID.

In case anyone cares, I updated my GA-Z77-UD5H + i7-3770K via the App Store update to 10.8.2, no issues except I had to repatch my Audio with Toleda's Apple beta kexts. Took about 2 minutes in total.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back