Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.2 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: OS X 10.8.2 Update

Lost my audio but install went smooth using the dmg. I noticed my geekbench scores were still down so I installed the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext in MB and got them back up to 13k+. Even felt motivated to overclock to 40x to stabilize with speed a bit more. I'd call this a productive day :)

Configuration:
Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
Intel Core i7-2600K
Gigabyte Radeon HD 6850 1GB 256-bit
1TB Seagate Barracuda SATA 6Gb/s
Corsair Force Series 3 CSSD-F60GB3A-BK 2.5" 60GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
Corsair Carbide Series 400R
16GB Corsair 1600Mhz DDR3
Corsair 650watt

I have the same MoBo and Graphics card, I will try the update, what is a dmg?

GA-H61N-USB3 up and running, had to reinstall audio kext from MultiBeast, everything perfect :D

which ktext did you install ALC889 (without DSDT)? I tried this and the only option in my sound preferences are airplay. Am I missing something here?

Are you running Chrome? Here, and a few other places, the displayed amount of comments will stick. Extremely annoying.

On a audio related note, my audio, realtek ALC889, simply would not work. I must have rebooted at least a dozen time and trying different solutions. Luckily, I run a daily clone just for such situations and I pulled both kexts from my cloned drive and everything works again.

what ktexts can I enter to get the audio working again? I am having the same problem but did not run a clone. Appreciate the help (never manually dealt with ktexts so the more explanation you can provide the better). Thanks

Success with combo update on GA-H61N-USB3 F8; just had to reinstall 3rd-party SATA (for drives to show as internal) & audio.

I am running the same mobo but redoing MB audio ALC889 is not fixing the issue. Am I missing something? Thanks

Wouldn't even boot after update. Z58x-ud4-b3 i5 2500k
Tried deleting oemSmbios, still no luck. I can boot into safe mode, but it's just white screen, can't get into desktop. Help?

Same for me using HD6850 graphics card. Remember, 10.8 does not have native support for the ATI 6000 series cards, so you have to re-install the kexts from Lion when an update to the OS is installed. The update from 10.8 to 10.8.2 is overwriting the ATI6000controller.kext, ATISupport.kext and ATIFramebuffer.kext. You need to re-install the older kexts to gain video back. Methods to try: Boot into safe mode using -s argument and when the system hangs, try typing "exit" once or twice to see if you can get into your desktop. Second option is to try and boot with your Unibeast USB stick with -s option. Also type "exit". Third option is to boot Unibeast USB stick and re-install your 10.8 system, then try to perform the update and run kext beast to update the ATI support kexts (which should be on the Unibeast USB stick under System/Library/Extensions) before you reboot from the update to 10.8.2. Third option is to use a known working and supported graphics card on a temporary basis. I did this using an Nvidia GT440 from a spare system which allowed me to get to my desktop and use kextbeast to re-install the older supported ATI kexts which I kept on a spare USB stick. I hope these suggestions get you back up and running.

white screen after booting (blank white, not light grey with apple and spinning circle)

6870 graphics card to blame?

can I somehow restore to a previous time machine backup?

After a bit of fiddling (well, 2 days of it, actually...) I finally was able to make my hackintosh work again. Deleting OemSMBIOS.kext, which I had in S/L/E and not in plugins under the FakeSMC.kext, was not enough. As others suggested, I also had to roll back AppleACPIPlatform.kext in order to boot again. I'm wondering what exactly I'm losing with this.

After installing and before reboot (and after reboot, of course) I cant install official nvidia drivers for my GT440 because installer says smth like "you already have drivers for this card". And after reboot with new apple drivers I have the same freezes, etc.
I've opened the package and installed the driver from inside of it but after reboot I have cycled login.
So the question is how to install nvidia drivers right or how to deny installing of apple drivers during the update

Success! I've update with App Store and I installed only ALC889.

Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z
ENGTX 580 DCII
8GB (2x4GB) G.Skill Rapjaws

For me, the Multibeast ACPI rollback option did not work. I had to download a version 1.35 of the AppleACPIPlatform.kext, delete the installed matching kext from S/L/E and then used kextbeast to install the version 1.35 kext. Then system no longer hangs.

Many people are struck at this >>>>>ACPI:System State [S0 S3 S4 S5] (S3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back