Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.2 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Help! With the new update (Gigabyte Z77-DS3H, with AMD Radeon HD 6870) I got the spinning disk until I disabled vt-d. Now my second monitor will not work- it shows during bios boot, but after OSX takes over there is nothing. Maybe the driver will not take a second DVI-D monitor. The last one did.

Updated using built in software update. After update I ran multibeast to reinstall ALC898 driver to regain audio.

System:

Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
Intel Core i5 3570k
Intel HD4000
Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM
TP-Link Wifi Adapter (TL-WDN4800)

Article: OS X 10.8.2 Update

Hmm, my Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 died. I did the update via software update, and rebooted, and now it is stuck on grey screen with the Apple logo and the spinning circle......

Disable Intel VitualTechnology in the Bios your system will boot right up. I have the same board with UEFI bios installed, was getting the ever loving spinning wheel of death until a did this.

Disable Intel VitualTechnology in the Bios your system will boot right up. I have the same board with UEFI bios installed, was getting the ever loving spinning wheel of death until a did this.

You just shaved hours of troubleshooting off my day.

Thank you so much for this.

That knot in my gut is gone :) and I don't need to start from scratch :)

Toshiba Equium l300-146 success lion 10.7.4.. 10.7.5 cpu pranking problems

There is also a Lion update /10.7.5/

Its a conspiracy lol ha! 10.7.4 worked like a charm 10.7.5 performance degraded badly. Something is pranking the processor causing spotlight to run slow 28hr to index a clean mac, time machine running slow and there's only 18.48GB on disk... ok ok should be less than that but it was and upgrade from snow to lion. I noticed not all the desktop backgrounds and a few things in snow was not in lion clean install.

running on :) Toshiba Equium l300-146 lol

I really want to go back to 10.7.4 because it ran like a dream, none of this pranking malarkey. I downloaded 10.7.3 from app-store before, update to 10.7.4 sweet. 10.7.5 prank!! making me think about moving to mountain lion :) :p conspiracy!! ha!

All you need to get wire and everything installed

1. usb keyboard
2. usb mouse
3. unibeast for lion
4. Toshiba l305 kext pack (lan, wireless lan kext and untility, no need to install usb package)
5. Chameleon wizard to create DSDT
6. Multibeast lion, for touch pad, nic if you have problems

I can't seem to find whats pranking the processor in activity monitor, everything seems fine process wise could be a driver but it defo something in the 10.7.5 update. seeing load of real mac user experiencing the something so hopefully there will be a 10.7.5 1.v1 update to fix for all..

Hmmm thinking about it, it could be graphics. under 64bit graphics enabler yes no prank, graphics enable no 64bit is a no no. best results 10.7.4 32bit graphics enabler no... DSDT.aml

Trying combo update as the update was performed through software update...

peace!! you guys rock!!! i have a mac....... kinda!!

white screen after booting (blank white, not light grey with apple and spinning circle)

6870 graphics card to blame?

can I somehow restore to a previous time machine backup?

Updated my G41 system with the Combo 10.8.2 (from 10.8.1) update, all went well only had to rollback Audio.

I did however remove "OEMsmbios.kext" just in case before I updated.

Updated with the combo 10.8.2 from 10.8.1 on a cloned image of the os in the same disk, in other partition,Luckily.. no need to boot with any flag, update or remove any kext.

LOST audio on GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 and i7 2600k gigabyte 6870 .Everything else appears to be ok.Simply run multibeast . bingo audio

Did You use the combo update?

Updated flawlessly from 10.8 with combo update :)

Asus Rampage Formula (X48)
C2Q 9550
GTX 670

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back