Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.2 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: OS X 10.8.2 Update

Rollbacked AppleACPI (booting with -x -f).
Got surprised by the white display issue (when booting into safe mode) fixed with either GraphicsEnabler=Yes/No or (what I did) entering standby followed by an instant wake up.

GA-Z77X-UP5 TH
- Need to roll back AppleACPIPlatform.kext, others wise everything seems fine so far !
- re-enabler trim support for ssd

i have the same motherboard. could you please explain how to roll back AppleACPIPlatform.kext?
how to enable trim support for ssd

Hi,

I updates to 10.8.2 via combo updater, but couldn't boot past the gray startup screen, because of OemSMBIOS.kext. After replacing AppleACPIPlatform.kext with the old one from a previous post in this thread, my system booted without any problems.

Now, as I really don't like having legacy kexts on my system, I tried out various methods to allow me to keep the vanilla 10.8.2 AppleACPIPlatform.kext. The solution was quite easy and had a great benefit to it. I installed Kozleks branch of FakeSMC + optional Kexts for sensors: https://github.com/kozlek/HWSensors

Not only can I now boot with the original 10.8.2 AppleACPIPlatform.kext, without having OemSMBIOS.kext throwing an error, but I also get much more information from my hardware sensors opposed to the original FlakeSMC-Plugins from Multibeast. Furthermore a serial number is generated for my machine (so no problems with iCloud and Appstore) and VT-d can stay enabled in BIOS! This kexts should find their way into the next Multibeast update.

Using the kexts from Kozlek was a win-win for me :) Please only try at your own risk and backup your system before trying this. This worked great for me, but could kill your installation.

This one solved all my problems! Was getting stuck at the apple logo, and couldn't even boot with -x. Now if I could only get speedstep to work. >_<

i5-750 @ 3.2ghz
Asus P7P55D
Radeon 5870

Ran the combo update and had to reinstall audio & trim support via MB, but also lost all USB 3 ports (2 front of case, 4 on the board). Bummer.

GA-Z77X-UP5 TH
i7-3770K
EVGA GTX 670
32GB Corsair DDR3-1600
HD4000

After reading many comments, I knew that it would have some problems when updating alone. Also, I had to know idea how to look what caused error in booting with verbose mode. Therefore, I decided to do this and it worked.

After installing 10.8.2 update, I reinstalled by running Multibeast and ONLY select ALC887/888B CURRENT Without DSDT because of lost sound. Then, restart the computer. I changed my bios setting in VT from Enabled to be Disabled as some people mentioned in here to solve spinning logo on boot screen. That is all.

Anyway, I could not find OemSMBIOS.kext which most people mention in /System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext/Contents/PlugIns/. It did not even have PlugIns folder.

Core i7 3770
Gigabyte GT 640
Gigabyte Z77P-D3

After reading many comments, I knew that it would have some problems when updating alone. Therefore, I decided to do this and it worked.

After installing 10.8.2 update, I reinstalled by running Multibeast and ONLY select ALC887/888B CURRENT Without DSDT. Then restart the computer. I changed my bios setting in VT from Enabled to be Disabled as some people mentioned in here to solve spinning logo on boot screen. That is all.

Anyway, I could not find OemSMBIOS.kext which most people mention in /System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext/Contents/PlugIns/. It did not even have PlugIns folder.

Core i7 3770
Gigabyte GT 640
Gigabyte Z77P-D3

Updated From 10.8.1 to 10.8.2 combo Update
Running everything great on my Asus p5kpl-cm , Nvidia 8400Gs
No need to update any sound or Ethernet driver just reeboted with nv_disable=1 flag and updated Graphics driver.
Running Excellent..

Updated From 10.8.1 to 10.8.2 Combo Update
I need help to sound driver for Asus P5KPL-CM.
thank
Google Translator Portuguese to English

Another successful update via App Store software update. Re-installed Sound driver and ethernet drive. Only issue is that LAN says it's connected although there is no cable connected. ANyone know how to resolve....

Originally Posted by micr0shaft
You should download the edited AppleACPIPlatform.kext from my previous post boot up with -f -x put it on the desktop with Kextbeast and run it then reboot with -f.

::::FOR EVERYBODY::::

THIS METHOD HAS WORKED THROUGH ALL THE 10.8.2 BETAS AND WORKS 100% NOW

THIS FIXES THE OemSMBIOS PROBLEM WITHOUT HAVING TO DELETE IT FROM FAKESMC.kext

THIS MEANS YOU WON'T LOOSE YOUR SYSTEM DEFINITION AND SERIAL NUMBER WHICH WILL CAUSE PROBLEMS WITH SOME APPLE SOFTWARE AND ACTIVATED 3RD PARTY SOFTWARE.

IF YOU HAVE CONSTANT SPINNING WHEEL OR ARE RECEIVING ERRORS ABOUT OemSMBIOS.kext THIS WILL LIKELY FIX IT.

SOURCE:
http://www.insanlynac.com/forum/inde...post&p=1852962

For me this works as well, i just installed the combo update. When the update was done, (before rebooting) i used kextbeast with this AppleACPIPlatform.kext and did a system repair with Multibeast Lion edition. After this i reinstalled the Realtek 889 audio driver with the Multibeast Mountain Lion edition and rebooted my system without any other modifications without any problems! (have to reinstall my other hackintosh because of stupid store update without reading the post (RTFM?:p) but its not my priority hack, so that would be a reinstall....

specs:
GA-PH67A-D3-B3 (F4)
Core i5 2500k
Radeon HD6850

Me too, download and install combo update (For 10.8.1 to 10.8.2).

MySpes:
Z68A-GD80(G3)
Core i7 2600k
MSI R6870 Hawk

I just need to install my sound driver using multibeast for Mountain lion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back